Weight gains after running.

Options
My weight gains after two days of 40-minute-jogging. Is it possible that is due to my muscle being grown?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to be water retention in your muscles from the increased activity.
  • MCinBC
    MCinBC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you sweating at all? Maybe you are doing very slow runs to explain that? A 40 minutes run should burn calories and sweat and I am pretty sure it will. Probably just need time for your body to get use to. I normally drop between 3 to 6lbs after a 15-20k run and take 90% back in the next hours with water drinking. I think if you are persistent you will see result soon.
  • EuniceTHQ
    EuniceTHQ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I jogged on Monday and Tuesday mornings and I weighed this morning (Wednesday)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining muscle after two runs. It's likely retention from muscle healing.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My weight sometimes goes up a tick after a super long or hard run. I've heard it has something to do with water or glycogen. You are certainly not gaining 2 lbs of muscle or anything like that following a run. ;)

It should shake out in a day or so with plenty of water & rest. Keep running!
  • EuniceTHQ
    EuniceTHQ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    EuniceTHQ wrote: »
    I jogged on Monday and Tuesday mornings and I weighed this morning (Wednesday)
    kkenseth wrote: »
    You're not gaining muscle after two runs. It's likely retention from muscle healing.

alright, thank you.. :)
    My weight sometimes goes up a tick after a super long or hard run. I've heard it has something to do with water or glycogen. You are certainly not gaining 2 lbs of muscle or anything like that following a run. ;)

It should shake out in a day or so with plenty of water & rest. Keep running!

I went jogging today.. thank you.. :)