I'm really liking the food scan system!

Options
This is why I love MFP! This feature is incredible! I have fun using it every time :)

Replies

• dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's always nice to just scan a barcode on my phone to log a meal.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would be lost without it lol
  • Mandyrose1983
    Mandyrose1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!! Makes logging food way easier
  • Donna_Bate
    Donna_Bate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah totally agree, only found that yesterday, bloody brilliant
  • smith31214080
    smith31214080 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love that feature also. I logged my food on another site about 3 years ago but found it hard because I had to manually put in most things
  • TriciaSmith2015
    TriciaSmith2015 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had no ideas the MFP app could do that. Good to know!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    just be careful with it and check the entries ....even the scanned ones can be incorrect.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a smart phone so I could use that. I see my daughter use it all the time. Maybe someday!
  • __KailahBooBoo___
    __KailahBooBoo___ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    just be careful with it and check the entries ....even the scanned ones can be incorrect.
    VERY true! I discoverd that. Thank you for telling me
  • __KailahBooBoo___
    __KailahBooBoo___ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had no ideas the MFP app could do that. Good to know!
    I happen to stumbled across it lol. I'm glad I was able to let you know about that!
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Definitely. I've been lucky with everything I have scanned has been right. A friend who eats a load of sweets has noticed that there have been errors (with the sweet products).

GreenValli wrote: »
    I would love to have a smart phone so I could use that. I see my daughter use it all the time. Maybe someday!

It's well worth it, its such a handy tool. Any smartphone with a camera will do it. You wouldn't need the fanciest one on the market :smile:
  • mattysheldon2008
    mattysheldon2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cool how do I do this !
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Cool how do I do this !

You can only do it from the App but when you're in the food entry screen there's a little barcode in the bottom corner. Tap that and scan the item with the camera.

This feature is the No.1 best thing about MFP in my opinion :smile:
  • tglcn4
    tglcn4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok"...this is driving me nuts....I don't want to bar code my food in as I eat it...but...so far on try Galaxy5 I can only barcode
    scan food in the meal window. When I go to "my foods" they aren't there! So when I want to create a recipe..which I want to do mostly...I can't....how do ai move the food entires around?? Help!?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Cool how do I do this !

I have an android; the bar code is to the right of the 'search for food' field toward the top of the screen.
  • jpaulsims
    jpaulsims Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, love it as well.
  • tglcn4
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do you folks have the premium version?
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I tried it tonight on my iPhone 6 and it worked very well (non-premium).
  • tglcn4
    Options
    How do I move the entry from the "diary" to my foods?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    tglcn4 wrote: »
    Ok"...this is driving me nuts....I don't want to bar code my food in as I eat it...but...so far on try Galaxy5 I can only barcode
    scan food in the meal window. When I go to "my foods" they aren't there! So when I want to create a recipe..which I want to do mostly...I can't....how do ai move the food entires around?? Help!?

"My Foods" is a list of items that you've created, so the only way to do it would be to create your own entry manually.