I have 100+ to lose and would love some partners!

Options
Hello! I'm Shannon Elizabeth, and I've been using mfp on and off for awhile, but I was completely oblivious to the community aspect!

I turned 20 in April and after a gnarly breakup and etc hit an all time high of 270. I started working out again and I'm down to 264 now. I got a boost in motivation when my recent trip to Knotts Berry Farm taught me that I'm too fat to ride roller coasters.

I don't want to be losing opportunities because of my weight. So I'd love to find some people to talk with and maybe check in daily/weekly/ whatever to keep me on track :)

Height: 5'4
CW: 264
GW: 125

ip4y6hzt6h05.jpg

Replies

• katiekush215
    katiekush215 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I believe in you! You got this
  • themadteapot
    themadteapot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! :D
  • AvaReneMari
    AvaReneMari Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm glad you join we can definitely help each other.just remember to log in ur intake.if you go over....just dance it off..no biggie
  • AvaReneMari
    Options
    I'm 210.3...I started fitness pal...2013...2013 I was 224...I myself been up and down. I lost a total 13.7
  • AvaReneMari
    Options
    You will meet your goal and you're not alone
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If you'd like a friend/motivator/mentor, who's lost over 100 lbs and is in maintenance feel free to add me.
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've got close to 100 to lose as well. I swore I'd never be on this path again, but alas... I'm back, only 26 pounds below where I started :(
  • themadteapot
    Options
    I'm glad you join we can definitely help each other.just remember to log in ur intake.if you go over....just dance it off..no biggie

Thank you! And that is definitely good advice (:
    Congratz on losing the 13! I really appreciate your support (:
  • themadteapot
    Options
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    If you'd like a friend/motivator/mentor, who's lost over 100 lbs and is in maintenance feel free to add me.

I sent you a request (: Congratulations! That is so incredible ! I'm so happy for you, and I would love to utilize any suggestions, tips, etc that you have !
  • themadteapot
    Options
    NCRawGirl wrote: »
    I'm right there with you. I've got close to 100 to lose as well. I swore I'd never be on this path again, but alas... I'm back, only 26 pounds below where I started :(

That's such a frustrating feeling. I swear I've "started my life change" so many times, just to quit and gain it back plus more ! I sent you a request, we can totally make this the time we lose it all (:
  • DarthMetalHead
    DarthMetalHead Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • themadteapot
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who has read this and messaged me and added me! The support is incredible and I truly appreciate each of you ! <3
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Firstly, that top is awesome.

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 23, 5'11, and at my all time high of 265. I'm going to go ahead and add you! :)
  • themadteapot
    Options
    aluhsin wrote: »
    Firstly, that top is awesome.

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 23, 5'11, and at my all time high of 265. I'm going to go ahead and add you! :)

Thank you! It's a rave bra so I never get a chance to wear it xD

I accepted! Thanks for the add and I'm glad to meet someone with a similar situation! Hopefully we can motivate eachother ^-^
  • rockstar8bubbles
    rockstar8bubbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Loving all your stories, looking to find people to help/guide/support as well as to give! Add me we are all here for the same reason!!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I just started with MFP two weeks ago. Dropped a bunch of water weight in my first week (6 lbs) and am working my way toward 145 lbs - that's 91 lbs to go for me! I've managed to get a good handle on my eating habits, I think, but I'm still working on my activity levels. Knowing other people going through the same thing is very motivating, and I LOVE reading success stories on MFP from people who've lost 100+ lbs! We CAN do this!
  • deannajp75
    deannajp75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Congrats on doing this while you are still young. I didn't and now I am 40 and it is harder to take off. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and the medicine makes me gain weight so I gained all the weight I lost. so I am in the same boat!
  • nicolajane6393
    nicolajane6393 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me :) need more friends for motivation! Also, happy to be a weigh in buddy for any of you as well (once a week give our weight and/or loss to one another, and work towards our goals together!)
  • themadteapot
    Options
    @rockstar8bubbles Added!

@Ruatine Thanks for sharing! And I'm so glad this community exists! I had no idea this was part of the app, and those success stories are incredible!

@dpoops2 Thank you! I feel like I've been trying to do this my whole life, and I'm so tired of that thought "if I was thinner.." And I'm sorry about your fibro diagnoses, I know a girl with it and it seems like a lot to handle, so major kudos to you for being on here !

@nicolajane6393 added! That sounds like an awesome idea :smiley:
  • amandapanda932011
    amandapanda932011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    youre not alone in this! I also have around 100lbs to lose....anybody can add me on here and we can do this together