cant get motivated

Options
Hi ya iv got 3 stone to lose but my partner puts me down so much about my weight and hates to touch me that i cant get motivated any advice once i get going i will be fine

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    If you REALLY want to do this, you'll do it. People can inspire and encourage, but if you're not sold on yourself doing it, it's not going to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Hi! That's sad I have been abused throughout my life too :( just dump him and move on. Start logging everyday. Whatever you eat. It'll take time to eat healthy but don't give up.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    all I can think of is shia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Don't think of the total 3 stones just tackle 1 pound at a time and before you know it will be gone. Don't discuss your weight anymore with your partner as he can see it's your weakness.
    You can do it just don't give up if you really want to lose it.
    P.s whilst you are working on yourself rethink your situation with your partner he shouldn't be talking down to you excess weight or not. Good luck
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Your partner sounds horrible. Wouldnt you be happier single? If you really want to lose weight just eat less and move more. Good luck :)
  • Reneephilly
    Reneephilly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard - I struggle a lot - but I keep starting over and over - I figure one day I will stay focus on the my goal I constantly read success stories - so I know you can do it serious take one day at a time seriously it's not easy and the struggle is soooo real - push thru
  • sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I use to be really fit (sporty wise) running kickboxing i done the race for life in may which i miss being that healthy i think were im having trouble with my son at min has got my depression worse and feel like im stuck in a rut. But monday im defo starting it up again
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Starting without proper preparation decreases your chances of succeeding.
    If its the start you cnat do then make it easy for yourself by taking baby steps and transitioning in.
    Your partner isnt great if hes abusing you and he cnat at least be neutral but you have to turn it round and focus on yourself.
    Dont start until you are ready to commit.
    One day at a time.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    That lump of dough in your profile photo is putting YOU down about your weight? Leave him and his chins behind and do it for you (answer may differ if you share a child).