Bulk or cut!!? help

Options
Hey everyone,
So I am going away in 6 weeks time and I want to look the best I can! I currently weigh 70kg and I am 5'7.
What I would ideally want is to build my glutes and have a small toned waist along with shapely shoulders and arms. I know this probably won't happen in 6 weeks but I am totally lost on what my macros should be??!!
I workout 5 times a week mon-fri with my gym buddy who is an ex professional bodybuilder (he's now 54 yet looks about 30!)

So shall I decrease my calories up until my holiday or increase? ( I want to look lean and toned)

Long term wise shall I bulk in order to build glutes??

Thanks guys sorry if I sound all over the place!

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Nothing spectacular can happen in 6 weeks. You cannot lose much weight, and you cannot build up much muscle. In general, bulking assumes you are already at a low fat percentage, as you will inevitably put on at least as much fat as muscle. Are you there yet? Unless you are very athletic and have been into serious strength training for some time, based on your measurements I would expect you have still a long way to go before you are ready for a bulk?
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Nothing spectacular can happen in 6 weeks. You cannot lose much weight, and you cannot build up much muscle. In general, bulking assumes you are already at a low fat percentage, as you will inevitably put on at least as much fat as muscle. Are you there yet? Unless you are very athletic and have been into serious strength training for some time, based on your measurements I would expect you have still a long way to go before you are ready for a bulk?

Yes! You know I was really confused as to whether I am meant to be doing either of them! I just hear the term so much I ended up thinking I'd have to stick to one of the two.

So what's do you suggest I should do to look my best in 6 weeks time? More cardio or just lift?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Yes! You know I was really confused as to whether I am meant to be doing either of them! I just hear the term so much I ended up thinking I'd have to stick to one of the two.

So what's do you suggest I should do to look my best in 6 weeks time? More cardio or just lift?

Buy clothes that fit nicely, smile and have fun. Nothing visible will change in 6 weeks, no matter what you do.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Lift weights faster...there's your cardio ;)