SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- AUGUST 2015 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,115 Member
    Options
    Aug 3

Me: 2
    LNS: 1*. Grrrrrr ice cream was calling my name AGAIN!
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. I will start tonight with no snacking beyond 8:30 pm even if I have some space for extra calories for the day.
  • Efields1984
    Efields1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do need to join this, and am doing so 4 days into August. This is my first to join on mfp.
  • leanned555
    leanned555 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey great idea!! I am not going to eat past 8.00pm.
  • ChristineGaunt
    ChristineGaunt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join this :smiley: For me it's going to be 2 fold. Nothing over 200cal (if I have calories left for the day) and nothing after 9pm.
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Like this challenge; I've a hard time distinguishing between being sleepy and being hungry... (I know it sounds silly) but instead of going to bed like a normal person - I stay up with my hubby and the later it gets the more likely I am to wonder into the kitchen... Aug 4 day 1.
  • moosiemom
    moosiemom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Aug 3
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 1
  • dezdemona
    dezdemona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have been struggling with this for a couple of months. I haven't lost hardly any weight because of added calories of LNS. Going to try a cutoff time of 8:30.

Aug. so far....

Me: 0
    LNS: 3 :(
  • KateM1966
    KateM1966 Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Did anyone else cram a snack in as the cut off approached?! I did but with a 1.5 litre of water, which I completely finished, not a morsel of food passed my lips after 8pm.
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 2
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LNS: 2
    ME: 2
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join today...Aug. 4. I'm like a lot of you... I stay up too late with hubby watching nothing special on TV, and my mind...followed by my body...often wanders into the kitchen.

Putting strict time limits on my eating doesn't work well for me, so I'm just going to not snack unless I have calories.

So far, based on my diary:

Me: 3
    LNS: 1
  • angeliebeh
    angeliebeh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm definetly in. Feel free to add me anyone I'd really appreciate some new allies
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'd like to join this. Late night snacking is my Nemisis!
    No snacking after 9pm.
    I will stick to low cal snacks.
    I will drink a glass of water before I eat a snack then wait 10 minutes.
    August stats so far
    Me = 0
    LNS = 5
    I really need this challenge! :p
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    great challenge - made some choc chip cookies for my family but guess who is eating them ?
    me = 0 LNS = 5
    Tonight is the night !!!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    krdews wrote: »
    Like this challenge; I've a hard time distinguishing between being sleepy and being hungry... (I know it sounds silly) but instead of going to bed like a normal person - I stay up with my hubby and the later it gets the more likely I am to wonder into the kitchen... Aug 4 day 1.

I failed... around 10:30P I was munching on pecans and dried cherries (of course today I have no pecans or dried cherries for my salad). However, I am dusting myself off as I am determined to kick this late night snacking craziness. Aug 5 day 1.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 0

• sloth45
    sloth45 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me 3
    LNS 2

Grrr :( I need to be more organised and eat more (healthy food) during the day as I find I am hungry after dinner. I have the calories left for a snack but my choices are a lot less healthy at this time of night
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    why no late night snacking?
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 3 LNS: 1
    Streak: 3
    Besides being sick, I don't know when I've had 3 nights in a row that I didn't graze late at night!