Anyone else starting all over again!?

Options
2»

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    2nd time trying to use it properly, originally I lost 70+lbs and maintained for about 2years and in the last year I've gained about 30+lbs of it so boom need to go again. I'm going travelling in January and want to lose 2st (28lbs) by that time.
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many times I've started over. In 2012 I lost like 13 kg (28 lbs) and have been going up and down ever since. Luckily I never gained it all back but I still want to lose at least 8 kg (17 lbs) more. Feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated!
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The number of times I've been at this is far too many to count. I wish I knew the answer as to why, I just can't seem to make it stick.
  • redmc28
    redmc28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on my second part of my second time round. I was 100kg first time and got to 81kg. This time I was 104kg and got down to 87kg before my hols. I'm was back up to 92kg aftwr my break but I'm back in the right frame of mind and back to 90.5kg. However, I am filling out muscle wise so I expect weight loss to be slower.

Good luck with your battle
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm back again, 3rd time round...had babies in between my last attempts..so now with 1 stone to lose, its like the scales have frozen!!! And i'm stuck in a rut! Need to get busy!!
  • bb1lopez
    bb1lopez Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again as well. Feel free to add me.
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm starting all over again too! I lost a good bit of weight last year but unfortunately put most of it back on. I'm back with determination! I'd some friends and support along the way. Feel free to add me, hopefully we can all help each other out! :smile:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Starting over again. and again. and again. Graduated high school weighing 210; got down into the 170s in college by swimming regularly, then when I entered grad school I crept up to about 193 and hovered +- 3 lbs for the better part of my late 20s and mid 30s depending on how much swimming I did. Took a new job at 36, slowly porked back up to 210 over 7 years, then got promoted into a high-stress job at 42 and poofed up to my max weight of 233 . Joined MFP, logged everything that went into my face and got back in the pool and lost 72 lbs in 8 months down to 161--on the high end of "normal" on the height/weight charts for the first time since age 11. Kept that for 2 years and then it started creeping up again. Then 2 years ago, a major ankle injury, another job change that messed with my swimming schedule, and I found myself back up to 226 this summer. The ankle's fixed now, so at age 54 I'm back to logging and swimming. It's the only thing that really works for me.
  • mcarthy02
    mcarthy02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me! Second time round, need to loose 60+ lbs I think I lack motivation would love help with that!
  • tassa54
    tassa54 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My second time around, ugh its so frustrating. Ive been at ot for a month and I haven't seen any progress, which make me want to just give up, im gonna try my best to keep at it ... I need to lose 60lbs... Feel free to add me, i only have a couple active friends on here
  • mparks2
    mparks2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I can't even count the attempts I've made. I do know what my key issue is, scheduling. When life issues hinder my ability to be consistent what I eat and exercising I go weeks and months before I get back on track. I will do better.
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This picture comes to mind that I saw yesterday :) :

0gz301z7c9ll.jpg
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too. I lost one stone between new year and Easter but lost my way after a bout of sickness. I have started again today logging food and have downloaded the C25k app. I now need to loose a few more pounds (£) buying trainers.
  • DarthMetalHead
    DarthMetalHead Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've been on MFP before and I lost 141lbs in about 14 months. Sadly, I let a job promotion, schedule change, and a thousand other excuses lead me back down the wrong path and I've gained back over half of what I lost.

So here I am kicking myself in the *kitten* and getting back in gear, would love some friends to help me along the way!
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello my name is Jasmine & I am a quitter! YEP, it's me again...the one who is inconsistent, who can't stick to anything if it saved her life, the one who keeps gaining weight, looks at herself in the mirror like WTF, but doesn't seem to really want to do anything about it. It's time to start being brutally honest with myself! November of 2014, I went IN..and I went in hard, counting every single calorie, fiber, fat, sugar gm there was..I worked out twice a day with Jillian Michaels (DVD of course lol)..and I was slowing losing weight. But when it got cold, my muscles froze up, and especially after I got into my car accident...I was just done. Once I got better, I didn't get back..I didn't watch what I ate..I didn't exercise, and sense then I've gained 10 pounds. It's just crazy, so yes- I'm starting fresh..as of today! I need to be able to wear a midriff before I'm 28..shiid..let's shoot for 26. I need to lose 40 pounds!

Our country is the leading country for obesity, we got to get this together!
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    tassa54 wrote: »
    My second time around, ugh its so frustrating. Ive been at ot for a month and I haven't seen any progress, which make me want to just give up, im gonna try my best to keep at it ... I need to lose 60lbs... Feel free to add me, i only have a couple active friends on here

Not seeing progress is what actually deters our motivation, but once you do start seeing progress is what makes you want to go crazy and push harder for more progress! It's all mental.
  • nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So nice to see I'm not alone here!! Looking for lots of support and motivation. I'm tired of looking in the mirror or getting on scales and being disgusted. I have not been focused on my eating habits for about the past year. Time to get it back together! Friends welcome!
  • richawnmoncrease
    richawnmoncrease Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck and as long as you're working toward a goal, you're already halfway there! Don't beat yourself up, just enjoy the gradual changes as others begin to compliment your accomplishments! It'll happen faster than you realize.
  • ccraft1991
    ccraft1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't really honestly tried hard enough. I am in it for real this time. Doing low carb is the hardest decision of my life but I honestly think it's for the best b/c as a college student with a full-job and 5 classes a week I eat nothing but carbs to keep me going. I will learn to ration and give up my "addiction" to carbs. Lol... But wish me luck! I also am working out 2 times a week.... Which is more than I have in the past. I hopefully can get the motivation to reach my goal of 3-4 times a week by this month. Not seeing progress is always my downfall; always makes me give up so soon..... Please add me so I have some extra motivation! I also have fitbit :). Follow me :)https://www.fitbit.com/user/25TQPS.