are you an apple, pear, banana or hourglass?

Options

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    1. How old are you? 45
    2. What is your body shape? Apple
    3. Has diet or exercise made more of a difference in your weight loss? What else has worked?

Oh my yes im actually starting to be and hour glass :wink: Still have a ways to go but thanks to
    my 30 day shred and c25k running im gettting there quick!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    1. How old are you?
    2. What is your body shape?
    -Apple: You put on/carry weight mostly in your waist and belly area.
    -Pear: You put on weight in your hips, thighs, and butt
    -Banana: You have a straight-up-and-down body, no real curves to speak of
    -Hourglass: You are two triangles meeting at their points-- a slim waist and you carry weight in your chest and lower half.
    3. Has diet or exercise made more of a difference in your weight loss? What else has worked?

1. 28
    2. Hourglass
    3. Diet definitely, exercise has just toned me up more and allowed me to have more calories on my diet.
    Running was a big help with calorie burn and I do Callanetics (not Calisthenics) the woman has an amazing body for her age.

I have noticed there are a lot of hourglass shapes on here...........very surprising only about 8% of women are true hourglass figures.
  • MissStaceFace
    Options
    1. 25
    2. I am a apple! I only gain weight in my stomach, lovehandles, and boobs!
    3. In the past eating healthy and watching my calorie intake has always helped. I loose better when eating 4-5 mini meals a day. Lots of cardio with a little weight lifting (5 times a week!)
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    1. 28
    2. Pear
    3. Eating better has helped me the most with losing the pounds. Excerise helps with the toning of my body but if I eat crappy, nothing will show for it.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    1. 16 (Profile says 20 I think haha)
    2. I'd say a mix of Apple and Hourglass, I have huge curves, but most of my weight is in my torso, but there is a dramatic dip? in between my top and bottom of my torso.
    3. I use mostly portion control than exercise ( i know, it's bad, but between ap classes and choir competitions I can only work-out 3 times a week for an hour and a half. Mostly those dancing cardio videoes.) I have cut my calorie intake from 2500 a day to 700-1200 a day. I'd day that doing this has helped dramatically, I have lost 22 or so and omg it's great :)
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    1. 23
    2. Pear
    3. I've been running more.. I can tell a difference in the tone of my legs, and also my thighs. The hips and butt really haven't gone very far, but they are always the last to go.
  • amazingmae
    Options
    1. 27
    2. I used to be an hourglass but after this last pregnancy I'm a banana
    3. I've already lost 4 lb and it looks like it's mostly going from my belly. (YAY!) I miss being skinny but I can deal with being overweight as long as I have some curves. It's just this spare tire around my middle that was my breaking point. It's GOT to go.
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. 27
    2. Pear with fat arms
    3. Yes, both have helped a lot, but I had a LOT to lose. (Still working on it).
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    1. How old are you? 28

Cutting back carbs, cutting back calories, PORTION CONTROL, and exercise.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1. 26
    2. Pear
    3. In the beginning it was diet (I had to learn portion size/control) - I lost 20lbs in about 2.5 months. Once I started to not loose as much as fast, I bumped up my exercise - lost another 10lbs in 1.5 months.

Now I have a fairly balanced day with both smart food choices and some excerise. However, I'm noticing a slowness again - I think my body is getting bored - I bet I need to confuse it again! I'll probably switch my exercise routine to something different. (I've also heard about "zig-zaging" caloies." I'll have to look into this abit more...)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    1. 23 years old
    2. Banana, probably.
    3. I do both diet and exercise. I take exercise pretty seriously and am trying to continually improve my diet.
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm 34
    Hour Glass
    Key for me is Diet! My friend and I joined a gym together years ago. She's more of an apple shape. For SIX months we hit the gym doing 45 mins on the treadmill or elliptical, and every other day hit the weights (light weight, lots of reps). She lost 50lbs in the six months. I lost 10....was SOOOOOOOOOOOO discouraged! But if I keep track of everything I eat and measure it (cause eye balling it doesn't work!) I have much better success.
  • TruckinThePoundsOff
    Options

1. How old are you?
    -Apple: You put on/carry weight mostly in your waist and belly area.
    -Banana: You have a straight-up-and-down body, no real curves to speak of
    -Hourglass: You are two triangles meeting at their points-- a slim waist and you carry weight in your chest and lower half.

I am 35 years old and I am a Watermelon. I have noticed that the change in eating has helped me as well as I am not wanting to much all the time. The biggest difference in what is working for me is Mr. Power.

EDIT: I forgot to put this..lol I am an apple.
  • kargreen
    kargreen Posts: 55
    Options
    1. 36
    2. Apple (my weight is all in my lower belly, top half of stomach is flat)
    3. Both for me. I exercise pretty much every day but notice that when I eat right it makes a bigger difference.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1. 34
    2. Banana "It's peanut butter jelly time!"
    3. Diet has been the significant cause for my weight loss. It's amazing when you evaluate what you put into your body and realize all the nasty facts about certain foods and how much of a difference portion size makes. I exercise to feel better and to stay active.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    1. 33
    2. Hourglass....a large one after 2 kids.....very large hips,legs, big arms and boobs (although did have reduction still a large c cup)
    3. Been on MFP for 2.5 months only lost 13lbs.....slow! Diet and exercise must both be used.....I gain weight at the drop of a hat!!! Seem to lose in weird spots.....ribcage, back of thighs, under buttcheeks.....need to lose inner thighs, arms, and mommy belly!!! Although my butt was once a shelf is getting round again!!! :bigsmile:
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Pear
    I have to have a combo of watching what/how much I eat with moderate exercise most days in order to keep losing. Finals week killed both efforts and I'm still struggling to get back on track and into a good schedule, but I'll do it :)
  • perribrook
    Options
    I've invented a new body shape. I call it 'potato'.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    1. 31
    2. Hourglass (40-29-40)
    3. I've always had an hourglass shape (well defined waist) even when I was 30lbs heavier. I'm on to the last 10lbs of my weight-loss journey, and right now exercise has been the most important with defining my shape.
  • victorialchoo
    Options
    1. 29
    2. i think im a FROG shaped! Or so I tell my husband. I have a big body with skinny legs and arms. I guess that would be really pear shaped?
    3. I used to be really thin abut after using birth control, the weight just started growing on my body everywhere! :( When I lose weight, my chest is the first thing to go, unfortunately!