Did anyone not lose weight at first?

Options
Doing all the right things: cardio/strength training for 45 min/day, eating about 1600 cals, drinking enough water...it has only been about a week. I just thought the scale might move this morning, but it didn't. This has happened in the past..worked out hard and ate well for like 2 weeks, and scale did not move.

Did anyone not see the scale move until a few weeks in..is my body just adjusting to the new life style after months of binge eating? It is just a little discouraging.

Replies

• chubbyandawkward
    Options
    This happened to me, it's been like a month and still nothing's happened. And I'm eating even less than you are DX
    I think it just takes time :-)
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Me. It took weeks before I lost 3 pounds. I completed a full 90 days of P90x and lost 5lbs! That's all!! 5 measly lbs. So I regrouped and changed my perspective. I have lost 4 additional pounds just when I changed the workouts. So you gotta try different things and find what works for you.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It does take time. Cardio/strength training could account for the scales not moving (building muscle and losing fat at the same time). It also takes a little bit for your body to adapt and adjust. It took me a month into my program to really notice differences. Don't give up.
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You might be losing inches in places but it doesn't necessarily reflect on the scale. Get a measuring tape (like one that they use in sewing) and measure your arms, shoulders, waist, hips and even legs if you want. I bet there is a difference there.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    It took me about a month, then I lost 3 lbs all at once. Just continue to be patient and you will see results : )
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oh, you are not alone! It's frustrating beyond words.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It took me 5-6 weeks before I started dropping. Your body is changing though.............stay the course and you will see it.
  • clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
    Options
    It's been 2 weeks for me of eating 1200 cals/day and exercising
    I have not lost any weight either
    I'm glad I saw this thread because I was starting to think there was something wrong with me!
    But there's not, we are in the same boat :)
  • skizzizme
    skizzizme Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I needed to hear that.
    7034275.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It always takes me about a month before I start losin pounds which is quite discouraging! There were many times I wanted to just throw in the towel, but I kept on truckin and now I feel amazing!! :) don't let the scale discourage you ever!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    When I first started strength training I gained. It's been a month and I'm still gaining. Here's a great article on it. xo!

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan
  • DawnyB1210
    DawnyB1210 Posts: 55
    Options
    This is the single most frustrating thing to have to deal with. I've been exercising (previously unheard of for me to do) and eating right and it took almost a month for me to see a two pound weight loss, and THEN, over the Memorial Day weekend, I didn't go off the deep end, I just ate about what I would before I started eating right, and guess what??? I put the two pounds back on, plus I added another 1/2 lb, just for good measure. Now, I admit, I deserved to gain weight, but THAT much??? Harsh!!
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep, took me 3+ wks of consistent exercise with proper nutrition to see any loss at all. Quite discouraging, but I just kept on with it. My stubborn body had to budge at some point. Once it did, I've lost 24 lbs in 79 days (with no loss at all the first 21 days). So, don't get discouraged!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    THIS is happening to me right now. I have been eating 1200 (+/- 200) net cals a day for 3 weeks and I fluctuate 3 pounds. I can tell in how I feel--but even the inches seem the same. But to be honest, my workouts are getting pretty much the same. I think I need to change it up some.
  • readytodrop60
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I'm 2 weeks in and have not lost even one pound...I do however feel better and exercising is easier then it was compared to my first workout. This always happens, I usually workout hard for 3 weeks and see no results then quit because I am discouraged and feel like there is no hope.

I read somewhere that you should not expect to see a difference in the scale for up to 5 weeks. So, I am going to workout and track my food for 6 weeks and if there is still no movement on the scale I am going to look into finding a dietician. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Stick with it, eventually your body will have to respond and reward you for your efforts!
  • Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    I always seem to lose a lot the first few days or week, but I have to remind myself that that is mostly or entirely water weight...then I slow down to a crawl on the scale after that unless im super diligent.

If you are hitting the gym, definitely the best reccomendation is to start measuring so you can "see" the difference, or if easily available get body fat % tests done periodically. If you lose weight and gain back muscle, you wont see it on the scale, but changes, they are-a-happenin.

Don't get discouraged!
  • thatalchemistgirl
    Options
    This is the stuff they don't tell you about on T.V.

I don't know how many diets I ran away from because I just wasn't losing.

You're body's going through a crazy biological change, Some people don't see results for up to 60 days! Keep pushing and you will see results. To be honest, I weighed myself when i started this and i wont weigh myself again for as long as I can push it off.

Try not to diet, try to change you're life!

Everything else will fall into place.