Cottage cheese

Options

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love it plain, but team it up with avocado, tomatoes, hot sauce...all good! I'm all about the savoury. It cures a salt-fix for me every time!
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    old-fashioned idea: diced fresh peaches or pears with cottage cheese then add a sprinkling of sliced almonds.
  • bama1988
    bama1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avacado and hot sauce!
  • spanderholic
    spanderholic Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll put it with anything in the fridge tbh. It's good on toast with jam or banana, out of the tub with a spoon, mixed with tuna for a salad... Basically chuck it anywhere. Mix it through mash, Smear it in sandwiches, eat with cut up fruit...

Once I even made a lower fat cheese sauce from cottage cheese. I blended up some cottage cheese with a bit of milk and about 1/3 the amount of grated cheese that id normally use for cheese sauce. Season and taste and add more normal cheese if required. Use the milk to get it to a nice consistency. Then I threw this in a lasagne as the cheesy layer. It was so nice! And it's good for those who are put off by the texture of cottage cheese as its blended til smooth.
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese as a snack/lunch. My favorite way is to add cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes in it, and season it with thyme or rosemary.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Dump it on top of baked or sweet potatoes.

I thought I was the only one who did this?! :D

mpat81 wrote: »
    You might try draining it over cheesecloth if the whey is a problem for you.

You can can also buy it "pressed" which has the whey separated already.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try it, rather than assuming you won't like it?

This. I LOVE cottage cheese, and have it for breakfast regularly.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love it by itself! Eat some almost every day. But if I wanna mix it up a little, I'll throw in peach slices, or sprinkle with celery salt.
  • sanders1745
    sanders1745 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mix it with pineapple
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As An omelette filling instead of cheese! Soooo good!!!
  • ewoksrule3
    ewoksrule3 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mix it with salsa and some black olives and/or green onions, and use it as a dip for some baked tortilla chips. Yummy!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper
    mixed in avocado
    peaches

the list goes on and on.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Buy a small container with the pineapple or peaches mixed in and see if you like it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try it, rather than assuming you won't like it?

^ This.

I like cottage cheese plain. I also like it with jam or fruit. I tried to mix it with PB2 because someone suggested that to me, and it was really nasty. You could also just add some ground black pepper to it for a little kick without any sweetness.

Typically, when you add cottage cheese to something else, like in a protein pancake recipe or other baked good, you can't taste it.
  • RuaLGirL
    RuaLGirL Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Salt and pepper
    mixed in avocado
    peaches

the list goes on and on.

Agreed

• FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love cottage cheese in the crustless quiche

1 container of 2% cottage cheese
    2 eggs
    any veggies etc what ever you want to put in

beat eggs, add cottage cheese and stir...add veggies or ? and put in a flat dish and bake for 30 mins

It is very low in calories

I also love cottage cheese with Jello lol
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I like it plain. But sometimes I add salt, pepper and paprika. And sometimes I mix it with canned salmon.
  • cindynhamm
    cindynhamm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to try cottage cheese but I don't know any good recipes to make it taste good (I've heard its not very good plain) If anyone has any good simple recipes such as spice mixes or anything like that I would really appreciate it! I'm more into salty or spicy food than sweet so mixing with jelly or fruit doesn't really apeal to me.

I always put canned....no sugar added...pineapple in mine. I always use fat free, small curd. Yummy!
  • HeidiFreemark
    HeidiFreemark Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's good with fruit. I like it with salt n pepper.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Savory-Sriracha sauce and dried onion or chives mixed in.
    Sweet-about 1tsp of instant sugar free pudding dry mix with cinnamon mixed in ( I also mix in Quest protein power (vanilla) sometimes. Or with fall coming up, a few TBSP of canned pumpkin (I use 1/2 jar of squash baby food sometimes) and pumpkin pie spice.