Anybody else weighing every day?

Options
Hi, thanks for checking this post out.

I'm currently weighing every day and entering my data into website that charts the trend. It essentially smooths out the little ups/downs and let's me know if I'm on track, regardless of T.O.M. or fluctuations in water weight etc. Here it is: https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html

I'm just wondering if anybody else has a similar method, and if so what is it?

thanks for your time!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I started using Happy Scale. It's a phone app, so I find it convenient. On top of smoothing out the daily readings, it also projects out into the future, which I like. I can honestly say it helps me stay on track even when I log a "big" loss in a day. In the past I might look at a 2 lb loss and say to myself "hey, maybe some extra dessert today won't hurt." Now, I don't say that. (I may still have extra dessert, but it isn't related to what the scale said that morning.)
  • monstermash2
    monstermash2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The website is run by the guy who wrote The Hackers Diet. It's a very good read and available for free.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Yes. I use happy scale.
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wow thanks y'all!
    I loved the Hacker's Diet Book, and the whole premise of the online chart....but I was feeling like it was just so....so...I don't know. Not pretty. haha. I like color, and lovely fonts and 'fluffy' stuff like that, and well, the computer programmer's website just didn't satisfy my aesthetic needs, if you know what I mean.

I've checked out Happy Scale, and ohmygawd. It's perfect. Thanks for sharing. I just knew, you peeps out there would have a good suggestion.

Best wishes for your weight loss journeys!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    www.weightgrapher.com; www.trendweight.com; libra for android; happy scale for iphone.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I use Libra and a spreadsheet. The fluctuations from weekly weigh in's used to drive me insane! I would weigh more one week than I did the next sometimes and that one day might simply be a fluke where I was retaining water, etc.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and use Happy Scale to keep track of my trends. I am the same way, I like "foofy" looking websites and cute fonts!
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday and use Happy Scale to keep track of my trends. I am the same way, I like "foofy" looking websites and cute fonts!

yay soul sista!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Yes. I find weighing every day keeps me more in tune with my day-to-day intake. I'm also a data analyst so...more data makes me happy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it in Excel. At some point, I'll add a chart.

When I see the same new low is sticking, I will log that into MFP for my official weight.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

When I see the same new low is sticking, I will log that into MFP for my official weight.

Oh, that's a good idea! I've been logging in both MFP and Libra every day, but I think I'll start doing it your way and use MFP for my official weight based on the current normal (or maybe my weekly trend weight). That will make it easier to track on MFP and eliminate the double tracking.

Thanks for the tip! :smile:
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I chart with Libra daily and enter only new lows in MFP. Can't have an artificial low after all.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I would say weighing every day is one of the top 2 reasons I've been able to maintain my weight loss for going on 8 months now. It's a simple, quick step that I do first thing in the morning that is a gentle reminder to make good choices for the day.

I don't log all the days and I do allow for some general fluctuations (about 2-3 pounds). Some people may call this obsessed, but I call it keeping my weight in check. The times where I've put all the weight back on were the times I got lazy about watching my weight.
  • Aceydeal
    Aceydeal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would say weighing every day is one of the top 2 reasons I've been able to maintain my weight loss for going on 8 months now. It's a simple, quick step that I do first thing in the morning that is a gentle reminder to make good choices for the day.

I don't log all the days and I do allow for some general fluctuations (about 2-3 pounds). Some people may call this obsessed, but I call it keeping my weight in check. The times where I've put all the weight back on were the times I got lazy about watching my weight.

This sums up my approach as well.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not weigh every day. I go by the fit of my clothes. I may step on the scale once a week or once every two weeks.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Logged into Excel - yet another metric to track :)
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Withings scale used ever day. I dump the data into an excel spreadsheet and play with it there.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

That's what I do, but I don't log it into Excel but my little weekly planner calendar, hah! As soon as I have a halfway decent loss from my previous low weight, then I log it into MFP as you do.