National Running Day

JamieCRodriguez
JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello MFP friends! It's National Running day! How far did you run today?

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Is it really? Cool. I ran 5.5 miles
  • 5 k!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    I'm on REST day! :(
  • JamieCRodriguez
    Awesome Job guys! 3 hard miles for me today (putting off my run lead to me suffering in 81 degrees) : D
  • I'm not a runner yet, but I'm going to the gym to TRY!!!!!!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Gonna get my run on when I get outta work today!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Today is a rest day for me as well for running. I did do 2 miles yesterday between walking and running (C25K).
  • cdclark81
    cdclark81 Posts: 11
    I slept in this morning, but I'll be running four miles when I get off work.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    5K this afternoon :)
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    It's my short, fast run today: 3.25 miles in the midday sun with hills, and loved every minute of it!
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    I have a short run scheduled tonight - 2 miles. I'm going to try evening running as opposed to early AM running. I'm hoping that will work better for me.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    I am running 8kms today.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    I'm planning on 10K today after work.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    the plan is 5mi this afternoon
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    im doing six later!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    I ran 2. Not much I know, but it's huge for me.:tongue:
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Got my 4 in this morning :) Happy running everyone:)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    4 Mile run planned for after work.
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    How apropos! After almost 3 years of not running, I got my 55 year old butt out for a 30 minute run this morning. I've been riding a stationery bike for 50 minutes almost every day for several months gradually increasing restistance and I wasn't sure how effective it was "fitness-wise". After several year in the Air Force, running used to be my exercise of choice, but my weight had been up quite a bit. I was short on time this morning, the weather is starting to get a little better and I'm 30 lbs down from the beginning of the year, so I decided to give running a try again.

My initial running goal was to go at least 10 minutes without walking. I felt great at 10 minutes so I kept going. At 30 minutes my breathing was still fine (actually it was easier than the bike), but I was starting to feel my ancient shoes and even more ancient knees so I walked for a few minutes and called it good. Now I'm ready to get some new shoes (and keep an eye on the knees). YAY!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    4.3 miles pushing a kidlet in the jogging stroller. Great run, except for the part 3 miles into it when said kiddo took off her diaper (while strapped in to the stroller) and handed it to me.
  • jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    Will definitely be running tonight when I get home from work...
  • JamieCRodriguez
    4.3 miles pushing a kidlet in the jogging stroller. Great run, except for the part 3 miles into it when said kiddo took off her diaper (while strapped in to the stroller) and handed it to me.

classic! love that : )
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member

This is hilarious! Will be running after work!!! However long my legs will take me on a treadmill - it's too hot outside!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Happy Running Day everyone, got my run planned for tonight. Excited to try out my new running shoes.
  • Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Did a short 2 mile run this morning. Just glad to contribute. Happy Running everyone.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    easy 6.5 miles this AM

I would have liked to gone longer in honor of running day, but I'm tapering for a race on Saturday
  • JamieCRodriguez
    Fabulous job everyone! RUNNERS RULE : ) I'm feeling uplifted and motivated by all the running goals and successes and now I'm off to register for a race to two. :blushing:
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    We are having a "flash run" (like a flash mob) at a local park this evening!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    We are having a "flash run" (like a flash mob) at a local park this evening!
    Oh, I wish I had thought to organize something like that... how cool!
  • Sad I'm missing it! Today is my rest day! I'll make up for it in the a.m. though...going for 7 again! Wish me luck! Happy running!!!
This discussion has been closed.