40 lbs. down, 40 to go

Options
Domicinator
Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
Ok, I don't like showing pictures of my belly, and I suck at taking selfies, but I wanted to do a quick before and after today, because I'm in a bit of a plateau right now. I'm trying to remind myself that this will pass and the pounds will start coming off again. I'm at about the halfway mark right now, and would like to get down to 170. I suppose 180 would be nice too. Right now, I'm eating about 1500 calories a day, doing anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes of cardio daily, and trying NOT to eat back my exercise calories. Trying to stay strong, but it's been a rough week! The before picture is from last July. I started my lifestyle change on May 1st of this year, and the after picture is from today. I feel like I'm never going to get to my goal, but I know I can do it.

644uy19nq4jn.png

Replies

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

How tall are you? If you are about 6ft 1in then we are both trekking the same path. I was 250 at one point, at the start of this current loss attempt i was 220 and my goal is also 170. I have been hovering in the low 180s. I never thought I would get this far and I keep reminding myself of that as the last 10-15lb tries to take its toll.

Keep it up! You are going to hit your goal, just don't let the "when" discourage you. It will come.
  • Domicinator
    Options
    Congratulations!

How tall are you? If you are about 6ft 1in then we are both trekking the same path. I was 250 at one point, at the start of this current loss attempt i was 220 and my goal is also 170. I have been hovering in the low 180s. I never thought I would get this far and I keep reminding myself of that as the last 10-15lb tries to take its toll.

Keep it up! You are going to hit your goal, just don't let the "when" discourage you. It will come.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am 5'11".
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Awesome work !!!
    You have to be real accurate in your logging the closer you get to goal weight.. but I am sure this plateau to shall pass.
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's made a massive difference - congratulations. I came on to this today because I've struggled today and needed to refocus - thanks!
  • Domicinator
    Options
    cragglecat wrote: »
    It's made a massive difference - congratulations. I came on to this today because I've struggled today and needed to refocus - thanks!

I'm struggling too, man--I feel your pain. I thought it might be therapeutic to make a before and after. I've had a really rough few days. Haven't lost an ounce in about a week and a half. Today, just for the heck of it, I weighed myself before and after working out. Even after sweating about a gallon of water on the elliptical, I was the exact same weight when I got done working out. I can't win lately. If the scale would tick down just one lb. I would be ecstatic, but my body is just not cooperating. I'm being very meticulous about logging and the last few days, I have stopped eating back my exercise calories altogether. Nothing seems to be working.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I'm struggling too, man--I feel your pain. I thought it might be therapeutic to make a before and after. I've had a really rough few days. Haven't lost an ounce in about a week and a half. Today, just for the heck of it, I weighed myself before and after working out. Even after sweating about a gallon of water on the elliptical, I was the exact same weight when I got done working out. I can't win lately. If the scale would tick down just one lb. I would be ecstatic, but my body is just not cooperating. I'm being very meticulous about logging and the last few days, I have stopped eating back my exercise calories altogether. Nothing seems to be working.

Yeah man, I think everyone in this thread can agree, we've been there. I plateu'd pretty hard at 190, but rode it out and like i mentioned earlier i'm almost another 10 lb down. The scale is not going to be kind in times like this lol, in times like this make sure you're graphing your weight out and looking at trends, and also make sure you take pictures, measurements, look at other NSVs etc.

If you've got a WiFi scale or can put your weight data in FitBit app (which you can link to MFP if you log your weight here) you can use TrendWeight. Here's my dashboard on there

https://trendweight.com/u/e9dabccb76bf47/
  • Domicinator
    Options

Yeah man, I think everyone in this thread can agree, we've been there. I plateu'd pretty hard at 190, but rode it out and like i mentioned earlier i'm almost another 10 lb down. The scale is not going to be kind in times like this lol, in times like this make sure you're graphing your weight out and looking at trends, and also make sure you take pictures, measurements, look at other NSVs etc.

If you've got a WiFi scale or can put your weight data in FitBit app (which you can link to MFP if you log your weight here) you can use TrendWeight. Here's my dashboard on there

https://trendweight.com/u/e9dabccb76bf47/

I don't have a Wifi scale, but I have a super accurate digital scale. I've compared it to the doctor's office style scale at the YMCA (the kind with the actual little weights and balances on it) and it's off from that by about 2 ounces, so I'm pretty confident in the data it gives me.

I'm using an Apple Watch to feed calorie burn and heart rate into my phone/MFP account. I know the calorie burn is tough to estimate accurately, so I try not to eat it back. Man, if I could just get past that stupid 209 mark I would literally be doing cartwheels.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Keep up the great work!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You can do it -keep it up!! You have accomplished so much so far!! Congrats!!! :)
  • Domicinator
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think it was good luck to post this--after a week and a half of no results, I was finally down another pound today!!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Nice work, man. Keep it up! I'm 30-40 pounds from where I'll likely settle in for maintenance. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss so far! Keep up the good work, trust the process, and the plateau will eventually end.
  • Domicinator
    Options
    Had to update this today--I'm now down to 199. 50 lbs. lost total. At 5'11", I'd like to get down another 25 lbs. and then transition over into maintenance. I don't have an updated pic of myself, but I do have this:

psbh2ptsled4.jpg
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great Job........... Wow!!!
  • chastityb5
    chastityb5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I see a major difference in the pictures ! You are doing a great job so far !!
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome JOB!

I'm at a plateau at around the 250lbs mark and needed this thread for motivation! Thanks so much for posting and updating with additional loss.

It sounds corny but it really is inspirational.
  • Domicinator
    Options
    Awesome JOB!

I'm at a plateau at around the 250lbs mark and needed this thread for motivation! Thanks so much for posting and updating with additional loss.

It sounds corny but it really is inspirational.

Plateaus have been my LEAST favorite thing about this process. They are SO FRUSTRATING. I definitely feel your pain. But you don't have to sweat the plateaus if you know you're doing everything right. You just have to look forward to the explosion of weight loss you're going to have when the plateau ends.
  • Domicinator
    Options
    chastityb5 wrote: »
    I see a major difference in the pictures ! You are doing a great job so far !!

Thanks! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!