How many times have you given up?

Options
I have been working out about 4 years now and I have been off and on for about 2 of those years. I have given my all the last two years and the results are just amazing. Alot of ppl of there give up, fall off, or just get unmotivated, but that doesn't mean its over. How many times have you given up on fitness and come back?

Replies

• Atomicang
    Atomicang Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wayyyy too many times to count! This time I plan on sticking to it! My problem is that I tend to get bored easily doing the same thing day in and day out. But I think I found something to finally keep me interested! Good to hear that someone was able to do something for so long and keep going!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well if you count.. And then add.. And then the one time.. Roughly 582? Haha!! Today counts. Keep on keepin' on!
  • klbidder
    klbidder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started using this app just over a week ago, I had been doing so well with my eating up until two days ago! If I can't even hack a week can I do this as a lifestyle change?? Definitely losing motivation at the moment!
  • veginut
    veginut Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I get all excited and do this for about four days and then wham, off I go. I seem to do better when I do this during my work week and relax a little more on the weekends
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have been working out about 4 years now and I have been off and on for about 2 of those years. I have given my all the last two years and the results are just amazing. Alot of ppl of there give up, fall off, or just get unmotivated, but that doesn't mean its over. How many times have you given up on fitness and come back?
    I have
    • gotten discouraged
    • failed miserably
    • been jealous of others
    • wallowed in anger
    • doubted myself
    • become depressed
    ...but I never gave up!
    Nobody is ever a failure until they quit trying. NEVER GIVE UP!
  • Havasufalls
    Havasufalls Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    More times than I can count, but I'm at it again and will never permanently give up. Ever
  • lilbthebasedgod
    lilbthebasedgod Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For the past several years, I would say I've given up well over 10 times ! This is the first time I've stuck to living a healthier lifestyle, it's been 3-4 months now and I don't plan on giving up :-)
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Well if you count.. And then add.. And then the one time.. Roughly 582? Haha!! Today counts. Keep on keepin' on!

haha i completely understand it happens just don't give up its sooo much easier to give up but who wants an easy life? I love training on days where i am not motivated and not in the mood bc it just makes me feel so much better after. @DanniB423
  • hannibalholt89
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For the past several years, I would say I've given up well over 10 times ! This is the first time I've stuck to living a healthier lifestyle, it's been 3-4 months now and I don't plan on giving up :-)

so good to hear, I love working out now its become an addiction lol, I literally have to make myself take a day off and even then i just do stretching or mobility at home, Glad you are at it strong now. @lilbthebasedgod
  • hannibalholt89
    edited August 2015
    Options
    klbidder wrote: »
    I started using this app just over a week ago, I had been doing so well with my eating up until two days ago! If I can't even hack a week can I do this as a lifestyle change?? Definitely losing motivation at the moment!

what was it that made you fall off? @klbidder
  • hannibalholt89
    Options
    veginut wrote: »
    I am the same way. I get all excited and do this for about four days and then wham, off I go. I seem to do better when I do this during my work week and relax a little more on the weekends

I dont track much on weekends but i am mindful of what I am eating just to be sure im atleast close to my normal goals
  • hannibalholt89
    Options
    I have
    • gotten discouraged
    • failed miserably
    • been jealous of others
    • wallowed in anger
    • doubted myself
    • become depressed
    ...but I never gave up!
    Nobody is ever a failure until they quit trying. NEVER GIVE UP!

@Pinnacle_IAO same here giving up was my enemy for a long time now im unbreakable literally I dont think there is anything that can pull me off track now
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Twice. There will be no third time.
  • hannibalholt89
    Options
    More times than I can count, but I'm at it again and will never permanently give up. Ever

@Havasufalls yes i can relate as long as you are motivated to get right back up and start again you will never fail. Seeing results is what makes me go so hard about my fitness goals
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've given up every time in the past with varying degrees of success each time. Every time, I'd found it was easier to be lazy, not prepare meals and sleep instead of working out. At 42 years of age, 315-330 pounds, diabetic with high blood pressure, I was on my way to an early death.

I don't know why it's clicked so well *this* time. All I know is I'm working hard to make this the new normal. I know I can never go back to my former lifestyle, or I'll go back to my former self.

This time, I'm not giving up!
  • hannibalholt89
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    I've given up every time in the past with varying degrees of success each time. Every time, I'd found it was easier to be lazy, not prepare meals and sleep instead of working out. At 42 years of age, 315-330 pounds, diabetic with high blood pressure, I was on my way to an early death.

I don't know why it's clicked so well *this* time. All I know is I'm working hard to make this the new normal. I know I can never go back to my former lifestyle, or I'll go back to my former self.

This time, I'm not giving up!

@JohnBarth yes I agree on all of this sometimes real life experiences wakes us up, I worked for a prescription company for Medicare members and It opened my eyes seeing ppl call in ordering 15 pills just to keep them going on a daily. It makes me value my health and my body being mindful of what goes into me.
  • hannibalholt89
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Twice. There will be no third time.
    yes you have to think this way bc letting something have control of you is a sign of weakness so we have to overpower those urges to quit and go back to the "norm" stay strong man
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Weekly starting after the 4th month I was losing weight. So ... at least 52 times. Probably more... because sometimes I would give up 2-3 times a week.

I feel ridiculous.