Intermediate Runner

Options
A year ago, I could barely run a mile. With a lot of hard work and improved eating habits I'll be doing my 3rd half marathon in Sept. Looking for people on a similar journey who are looking to get fitter and faster! I've been using MFP but am new to the social part of it :)

Replies

• Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Omigod that is so good! I am happy for you! I ran 1km yesterday but with walking breaks!! It felt good!! Running beats emotional eating, doesn't it? :)
  • anandvyas_1998
    anandvyas_1998 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've wrestled for 3 years. But a year ago I could barely win the easiest of my fights with all my injuries, poor diet and exercise. After a serious overhaul of my lifestyle, I am now competing internationally, modelling and looking for others to help me elevate myself as well as themselves, you seem like your on a similar path, wanna be friends ?
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Lynn, same here, I used to struggle with my running but I became an absolute racing snake once I started to focus and do other exercises to
    Improve my running, good luck in September, great achievement.
  • lynnclorina
    lynnclorina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks Blade!
  • lynnclorina
    Options
    I've wrestled for 3 years. But a year ago I could barely win the easiest of my fights with all my injuries, poor diet and exercise. After a serious overhaul of my lifestyle, I am now competing internationally, modelling and looking for others to help me elevate myself as well as themselves, you seem like your on a similar path, wanna be friends ?

Add me - l'll take any tips on building muscle.
  • lynnclorina
    Options
    Omigod that is so good! I am happy for you! I ran 1km yesterday but with walking breaks!! It felt good!! Running beats emotional eating, doesn't it? :)

Yessss! Man I sure can be an emotional eater. Always fighting against that urge.
  • airic7
    airic7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi! i usually use the treadmill or walk outside, but i want to love jogging...and i dont. i wish i did. Any suggestions to make me a happy jogger?! lol. Thanks!
  • airic7
    airic7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi! i usually use the treadmill or walk outside, but i want to love jogging...and i dont. i wish i did. Any suggestions to make me a happy jogger?! lol. Thanks!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Terrific. So glad you found running..and the running isn't just about weight loss.