vegan august challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• gardenbikefamily
    gardenbikefamily Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I lost more weight giving up vegetarianism and veganism. It's all cico at the end of the day though
    what's cico

+1
    but then I realised, calories in calories out :smile:

Calories in calories out . It's too simple. That suggests I can live on cake and soda & be healthy. No thanks. Clean calories are different.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I lost more weight giving up vegetarianism and veganism. It's all cico at the end of the day though
    what's cico

+1

Calories in calories out . It's too simple. That suggests I can live on cake and soda & be healthy. No thanks. Clean calories are different.

No, it actually does not suggest that. It suggests that you can live on those and lose weight which is 100% accurate.
  • gardenbikefamily
    gardenbikefamily Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    what's cico

+1

No, it actually does not suggest that. It suggests that you can live on those and lose weight which is 100% accurate.
    My goal is health.
  • adawn1981
    adawn1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    what's cico

+1

My goal is health.

CICO is that simple. It really is. You stated in your OP that your goal is weight loss. You can eat healthily without going to extremes, but maybe extremes feels better. I think it does for many. Something like "this is hard, it must be working". It sounds so wrong to me, but we are all different. Good luck whatever path you choose :)