Alli?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new to mfp. I've been whining about my weight for a while. Decided to stop being a little bi*** and do something about it. I'm thinking of getting Alli for a a little extra help. Has anyone tried this before?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It makes you poo your pants. No thanks.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Just track your calories and eat at a sensible deficit. You really don't need supplements or shakes or anything special. Increasing your activity can help, too.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    It makes you poop your pants whenever you have the slightest amount of fat. No, seriously.
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    One of the side effects is anal leakage. I'm going to say I do not recommend.

Calorie counting and exercise all the way. There are no fast fixes.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    f5b.gif
  • Kaylyn2385
    Kaylyn2385 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I had read that. But most people seemed to be saying "I ate a pizza and..." The yep. I typically have a low fat diet anyway. I'm a veggies gal.:) I think I will steer clear now though..
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Kaylyn2385 wrote: »
    Thanks guys!!! I had read that. But most people seemed to be saying "I ate a pizza and..." The yep. I typically have a low fat diet anyway. I'm a veggies gal.:) I think I will steer clear now though..

I have lost 71lbs with the help of Alli and I never experienced the nasty sides people have. I also eat next to no fat and have kept the weight off for almost a year.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't want to poop my pants. Plus, I can loose weight without it.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I tried Alli, and seriously anyone considering it... wear pantyliners and bring with you a spare pair of knickers. The side effects are not funny at all, nor is cleaning your oily toilet afterwards...
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i did consider it quite briefly....but uh.....as everyone else has said....

and i did quite well without it, give or take 50 lbs down now. lol
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    It makes you poo your pants. No thanks.

That's what I have heard.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Don't even bother.

If you read the bottle of that or any other diet pill , you'll see it asks you to control your calories and exercise. So why not just count calories here and skip the *kitten* pill?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the stuff. Alli (Orlistat) came out of the idea that eating fat makes you fat, so blocking fat is a good thing for weight loss. It inhibits a key enzyme for fat digestion. It does stop you from absorbing calories from fat, but the undigested fat causes the "messy problems" stated above.

You also have to consider that it affects the fats that are considered beneficial, Omega-3s etc. So taking Orlistat and then having a nice salmon dinner becomes less "healthy" because you lose some of the purported benefits inherent in that food.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i believe it's called an alli-oops...
    dj33Ad7.jpg
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I tried Alli, and seriously anyone considering it... wear pantyliners and bring with you a spare pair of knickers. The side effects are not funny at all, nor is cleaning your oily toilet afterwards...

Oh dear god.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    i believe it's called an alli-oops...
    dj33Ad7.jpg

I've just really laughed out loud !! Hahah !!
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    omg, the picture! so gross. I've tried it in the past. because it was so expensive, I ate healthy most of the time and only took it when I went out with friends and couldn't resist the fried whatever. It actually would make me think twice before I'd partake, so just having them in my purse as an emergency willpower aid. I never had the issues mentioned above, but if I did have the sweet potato fries with the alli, the next morning it was gone. so for me it helped me be more regular. I am guessing if you are already regular then it may affect you worse. I used it very sparingly, never finished the bottle. Chitosan is cheaper and absorbs oil. google it. its been around a lot longer than alli. but once you get used to eating healthy, you'd rarely eat anything greasy anyway and lose your taste for it.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    you will literally become a *kitten* machine.

i just realized it censored a.n.a.l. but not *kitten*.

wtf?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Never once thought I needed a greasy oil slick dripping out of my butt all day long, so nope, never tried it.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I am not vehemently against meds or tools to lose weight, but Alli just doesn't make sense. There are so many healthy fats that you have no reason to limit, and Alli won't discriminate.