2 weeks to lose a couple kgs!

Options
Hi there,
Is anyone able to give me some meal ideas to help me drop a couple of kilos safely in about 2 weeks? I'm looking to drop around 1-1.5kg a week? Combined with exercise.

Replies

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How many lbs is that? I'm guessing no.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So 4-5 lbs a week? No
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    If you only have a few pounds to lose (a kilo being 2.2 lbs) it's a slower process. You are probably only going to be able to lose 0.5 pounds per week, maybe 1 pound at the very most. That's less that 1 kg. Eating at a 500 calorie per day deficit would get you to that. Weigh your solid food to be the most accurate with your calorie counts. Weight loss isn't about getting into an outfit in time for an event, it's about meeting your goal successfully and then maintaining it over the long term, in a healthy, safe way. That's why it's not about a deadline.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not likely unless you're fairly obese.

To lose 2 kg you need a 15430 calorie deficit, that would be over 1102 calories under your TDEE per day.

Unless your current TDEE is about 2300, it will be difficult to achieve that level of deficit, even with exercise.

Of course, if you stick to 1200 calories/day (the minimum recommended for most females), you will lose a chunk of water weight fairly quickly. That will come back quite fast as soon as you return to your previous habits.

You could probably aim for about 1 kg in 2 weeks however reasonably.
  • i6Shot
    i6Shot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Is anyone able to give me some meal ideas to help me drop a couple of kilos safely in about 2 weeks? I'm looking to drop around 1-1.5kg a week? Combined with exercise.
    Maybe go back in time and start earlier?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal with the two week deadline? World ending or something?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Zombie apocalypse has been scheduled. If you didn't get the memo, you're on the menu.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »

Zombie apocalypse has been scheduled. If you didn't get the memo, you're on the menu.

Bugger.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon not a sprint.

Chuck your details into mfp and eat the number it gives you. If you only have 3kg to lose then it will likely tell you to eat 1200. Eat 1200 and lose what you lose.

Weigh your food for accuracy.

But yeah aim for half a kilo not 1.5 if you have such a small amount.

Also 3kg is likely to be completely unnoticeable except by you while standing on a scale.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely not achievable. You can't loose that much in 2 weeks!!
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    It's a marathon not a sprint.

Chuck your details into mfp and eat the number it gives you. If you only have 3kg to lose then it will likely tell you to eat 1200. Eat 1200 and lose what you lose.

Weigh your food for accuracy.

But yeah aim for half a kilo not 1.5 if you have such a small amount.

Also 3kg is likely to be completely unnoticeable except by you while standing on a scale.

QFT
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Actually, you have your whole life.
    Forget two weeks.
    MFP is about being fit and healthy for life - not prepping us for some event with a crash diet.

You harm yourself with such a focus.

• mintsaa
    mintsaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go on the cabbage soup diet for a week, you can lose up to 10lbs in one week, but most of it is obviously water. Then for your second week, eat between 1,000 and 1,200 Kcal to avoid gaining everything back.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    mintsaa wrote: »
    Go on the cabbage soup diet for a week, you can lose up to 10lbs in one week, but most of it is obviously water. Then for your second week, eat between 1,000 and 1,200 Kcal to avoid gaining everything back.

What happens the third week?

And what's the point of losing mostly water?
  • mccindy72
    Options

If you lose water weight, what's to stop you from gaining water? The point of losing weight is to lose fat.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

DON'T DO THIS, I'm sure is what this poster meant to say.