Want to gain muscle/lose body fat

Options
I want to gain muscle/lose body fat. Need help with me diet and staying motivated

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I would focus on losing fat first while working out and then switch to trying to build muscle. Its hard to do both at the same time.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What I did was plenty of CV to burn the fat but I also did weights, high sets and reps, go light not heavy for now and you should come out with a beautifully toned body, when you are then satisfied with the fat loss you can increase your weights if you want to put on more muscle.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    OP, see www.bodyrecomposition.com

Your two goals are mutually incompatible.
    To lose fat, eat at a deficit & exercise, mostly cardio.
    To gain muscle, eat at a slight surplus with plenty of protein & do lots of weightlifting.
    It's hard for women to build muscle (if you're a normal, natural woman with normal hormones).
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I actually sell the world's #1 supplement brand.
    Go to my website. Check out the weight loss supplements and then check out CLA 500 to build muscle.
    amway.com/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    You can email me from that site of you would like to ask questions, which I highly encourage.
    Conjugated linoleic acid as a weight-loss supplement???
    Please post links to the peer-reviewed published scientific studies which support your claim.
    Here's a good place to start looking: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

Hint, from the results of one study showing it did help with weight loss:
    "The magnitude of these effects is small, and the clinical relevance is uncertain."

"caffeine and green tea have data to back up its fat metabolism-enhancing properties. For many other supplements, although some show some promise, evidence is lacking. The list of supplements is industry-driven and is likely to grow at a rate that is not matched by a similar increase in scientific underpinning."

And explain these, please.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26240766
    Linoleic Acid Induced Acute Hepatitis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
    Case Reports Hepatol. 2015;2015:807354. doi: 10.1155/2015/807354. Epub 2015 Jul 9.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22345346
    Fulminant hepatitis during self-medication with conjugated linoleic acid.
    Ann Hepatol. 2012 Mar-Apr;11(2):265-7.

[i[(For you non-Latin-speaking types, hepatitis = "liver damage".)[/i]

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam.

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have the same goals. you look like you are doing great from your pic!!
  • FocusMarlon
    FocusMarlon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    To burn fat one must do high intensity cardio and then weight train also. Lower your calorie intake while increasing your protein intake to about 1gram per pound ofor your weight. It is possible but not real easy. I am also trying to lose the last 5 or so pounds of fat around my abdomen while increase muscle mass
  • kames83
    kames83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've already have low body fat from Crossfit and clean eating. I'm now trying to gain muscle so I need to make sure I eat loads and well. It's hard to stay organised with my food and I have to try not to skip meals which is hard when I'm busy.
  • kames83
    kames83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also don't agree with weight loss supplements, there just a quick fix for a short period of time. Why not just eat well and exercise as a lifetime change.