How many squats can you do?

Options
kimmiebrito
kimmiebrito Posts: 40 Member
edited August 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
how many squats can you do continually without stopping (no weights added)? I want a challenge/goal lol
Post your weight too if you're comfortable sharing it!

Thanks

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    12. Any more than that I put more weight on the bar
  • kimmiebrito
    kimmiebrito Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    12. Any more than that I put more weight on the bar
    yeah I never really tried squats without weight which is why I'm curious! I want to try haha

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I squat 30 reg, 30 goblet, 30 sumo, 30 kettleball...I am relatively knew to squats and I love 'em!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    But why?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I get bored before I get tired- but I suppose if you could get to 100 at full depth that might be something.

I only really ever do 3-6 reps.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When I first started (MANY years ago), I would do 3 sets of 20. My butt would be sore with just that. If you're just starting out, concentrate on getting that form down and really working the glutes. If you are really squeezing each and every time, 20 in a set is plenty (maybe even too much).

Edit: I forgot to put my weight. I'm at 147 now. I was 21 and 110lbs when I first started squatting with just body weight. I was trying to get a butt at that time. Now I'm trying to lose some of it. ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I got bored at 38 bodyweight ...I appreciate that's no help at all ...but I could have kept going
  • Siran12001
    Siran12001 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Never went all the way but changed to a harder progression after I could do 12. So 12 normal squats, 12 deep squats, 12 bulgarian split squats and at the moment 5 beginner shrimp squats.
  • Vetey
    Vetey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do The 30 day squat challenge. You add 10 squats each day, with rest day every few days. I got up to 200, no weights of course. So basically start at 30, then next day 40, etc.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    75+ I cycle all the time and I guess it's given me the right muscles. I did a wii challenge a while back and it said stop if you get to 50. I got bored at 75 so I stopped, but I probably could have done a couple of hundred, no sweat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What's the point? :huh:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    If there is no weight, I can do A LOT. However, like another posted stated...Why?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I get bored before I get tired- but I suppose if you could get to 100 at full depth that might be something.

I only really ever do 3-6 reps.

This OP. I do want to be able to do 225x20 squats though. One day maybe even this year.

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    this post makes my knees hurt. I can squat one time and then i have to rest for 3 minutes, Sometimes i even ice my knees between my whimpy sets of 1 rep.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I decided it was a waste of my time at 6. When people say they do squats, I ask them how much weight and they typically give me this crazy look. Body weight squats are good to start out with, but there is little point once you can do a large number of them.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    25 wrestler squats is a warm up body weight squats I've never reached my max.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I decided it was a waste of my time at 6. When people say they do squats, I ask them how much weight and they typically give me this crazy look. Body weight squats are good to start out with, but there is little point once you can do a large number of them.

A_Rcp1aCQAAg4lc.jpg:large
  • JoRocka
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    this post makes my knees hurt. I can squat one time and then i have to rest for 3 minutes, Sometimes i even ice my knees between my whimpy sets of 1 rep.

You're a useless slacker.
    DYELB?!?!?!?!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

DYELB?!?!?!?!

she just needs to up her cardio to build her endurance, is all
  • JoRocka
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

DYELB?!?!?!?!

she just needs to up her cardio to build her endurance, is all

so- more reps is what you're saying?