Quick, easy & healthy vegetarian!

Options
ajschutte96
ajschutte96 Posts: 7 Member
I'm running out of quick, easy and healthy vegetarian meal ideas for any time of day.. I don't like to eat a lot of meat so I was wondering if anybody had any they could share!
(Feel free to add me, by the way, would love to get to know some more of you ☺️ )
Thanks,
Angelica xx

Replies

• anasta3d
    anasta3d Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've stuck in my weight loss program (although I exercise) and I think it's because I'm mostly vegeterian (I eat fish and egg as well) and protein is hard to find (cheese mostly has a lot of fat so I eat it in small quantities). Any ideas?

Do you eat eggs? I would suggest a summer dish from Greece, it's called 'burieto' and you make in a pan a simple tomato sauce with origano and if you like some feta and when the sauce is cooked you break in some eggs and wait for a while until they cook. It's really a delicious and light summer dish, one of my favorites.
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian and sometimes I also run out of meal ideas. Some days I just end up snacking a lot instead of cooking up meals. I'm going to make a few batches of soup in the crock pot so I can just put 'em in Tupperware and take them on the go. I like salads but get sick of the traditional plain old lettuce ones. This is a salad I will be making next time I go grocery shopping.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/07/white-bean-caprese-salad.html
  • ktem88fit
    ktem88fit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As a lacto-ovo vegetarian myself for more than 15 years I once struggled with this as well, but these days I often can't decide what to eat when lunch or dinner time comes. Examples of meals I eat regularly:
    - marinaded tofu and vegetable Stirfry on Brown rice (could be leftovers from the night before)
    - Stagg garden vegetable chili
    - mixed bean salads
    - smoothies
    - fresh veggies, healthy crackers of some kind with cheese and hummus
    - quiche
    - more quiche
    - bean Burritos (great local place for healthy Burritos in my city)
    - bean and lentil soup or stew
    - veggie burger (with or without a bun)
    - falafel and veggies in a low carb pita

And those are just a few ideas off the top of my head!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to meals are:

Breakfasts:
    Scrambled tofu
    Oatmeal with ground flaxseeds and fruit
    Smoothies with frozen fruit and protein powder
    Breakfast burrito (I make the filling ahead, using tofu, black beans, peppers, tomatoes and chill powder
    Fruit salad

Lunches and dinners
    Vegetable or bean soups
    Vegetarian chili
    Curry (super easy "cheat" curry - can of vegetarian baked beans, bag of frozen veggies and a couple of tablespoons of Patak's curry paste. Mix, heat, serve)
    Veggie burgers
    Chopped salad with beans or tofu
    Seitan sandwiches
    Stir-fry
    Pita pizzas
    Pasta with tomato sauce and soy crumbles

Snacks:
    Fruit and PB
    Veggies and hummus
  • ajschutte96
    ajschutte96 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps everybody! Really appreciate it! I'll definitely be looking into these suggestions.

And yeah I eat eggs! I eat everything, I just try to limit anything that has animal products or is animal itself haha.

Xxx