Do you let your spouse know your weight?

Options

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I was in such denial, like if i didn't tell him, or anyone else then they wouldn't know hahaha!!!! LIke anyone couldn't see I was closing in on 300! DUH! now if they want to know i tell them. I'm so over being "shy" about what I weighed/weigh.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    My wife and I aren't shy about that stuff. We motivate each other using the blunt instrument method.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My husband has heard my weight in a hospital setting, and back when I was thin I didn't care if he knows. Now I just tell him what I lost and he just tells me that he can tell that I lost weight. We're both happy. My parents have been married for over 50 years, and my father has never known my moms wait. When he went to guess it he guessed about 25 pounds less than what she ways so she was pleased with that as well
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    He knows. Just last weekend, I woke up and weighed myself while he was still sleeping. Upon seeing that I was .6 lb less than what he weighs, I promptly ran back into the bedroom and woke him up just to tell him that I now weigh less than him for the first time in the 6 years we've been together. I also later apologized for acting like a child! hahaha
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's never come up

But I post it freely on here

So ...meh
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I didn't tell my fiance my weight EVER because I was so disgusted with myself. I would tell him how much I had gained over the course of the last 5 years (60lbs since I moved back from Germany), and I would tell him how much more I gained, or how much I had lost. I just recently told him last week how much I weighed before I started using MFP. I felt like that was good for me, so that I hopefully don't get that disgustingly huge again. He didn't even raise an eyebrow, but I'm still embarrassed by it, ha ha!
  • kaykroening19
    kaykroening19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to be shy about my weight with everyone. I lost weight a couple years ago and gained it back. Back then I'd just tell him how much I'd lost. I'm done being afraid of the number on the scale so since then I have been open with anyone. I didn't want to see 206 on the scale but it was there and it was just a number. Something I could change! Erik is very slim and tall so I've always been a little jealous as I'm short and round. He has been my biggest supporter and I am glad to not hide it from him. He helps me take accurate measurments, helps me weigh in for diet bets, cheers my success and understand when I'm bummed because I had a bad weigh in. Now I'm down about 40 and I want to shout my weight from the rooftops...not really but once I accepted the number I am so much more open about the whole process.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    My former partner knows. My male best friend knows. Several of my fitness friends know.

I think it is weird that you put so much importance on the number...and odd that you can't share something/anything with a person that you have been married to for 13 years.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sure! Why not? We share everything else. It's really not a big deal in our house. Neither of us has been extremely overweight, but I am working to lose a bit more to put myself more in the center of my BMI range (not that this is everything!). He knows my goals. He knows my doctor's goals for me. :)
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Why not tell him? He already knows how you look, why would suddenly knowing what that means on the scales mean anything?

I've told my partner my weight all along and he gets excited with me when the scale nudges down a bit more. While he isn't into MFP, he is into fitness so when things happen (like the scale not moving for a couple of days - not much left to lose) he is great support and is able to give great advice.
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned it to him, but it's not a big deal. In the same way I don't care what he weighs. He sees me every day, he can tell if I've got fat by looking at me! But it's never bothered him. The only time I've ever had anything remotely negative about my weight from him was while I was pregnant, and that was purely because he was concerned about the baby's and my health.
  • pug11
    pug11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep, my hubbie knows as I'm in full view naked on the scale, not a big deal at all, don't care what anyone thinks though anyway but he is supportive no matter what :)
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes we weigh together and congratulate each other for our progress
  • i_miss_me
    i_miss_me Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I think it is weird that you put so much importance on the number...and odd that you can't share something/anything with a person that you have been married to for 13 years. [/quote]

I share absolutely everything with him except my weight. And honestly, no one but my doctors know my weight. It's something I've been ashamed of for a while now, so I guess it's just turned into my dirty little secret. That's why I was asking on here how everyone else deals with it.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it's a big deal. Try not to overthink.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I try not to mention it. he is happy I have lost some weight
    he is of the belief that I need to go to the gym and to cut sugar out of my diet(daily intake) to lose weight
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    The husband and I are each others cheerleaders so we know each others weights.
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't go advertising my weight to my fiancé LOL but I have mentioned to him what it was to him a few times.

He thinks I'm hot as hell ALL the time (not even joking.... I think he's nuts)...so I really don't care if he knows what I weigh.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't he? He's my husband. Heck, just for medical emergencies I think it's something he needs to know. If he loves you for you, $%&* a stupid number that doesn't mean anything. I know what he weighs. We're working on it together.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Tell him while you are naked. If your man if anything like mine, he didn't hear a damn word you said and when he chases you around the room.... you can pretty sure the number on the scale doesn't mean much to him either.