Supplements

Options
I've just had a quick look through my food diary and it shows I'm lacking in the amount of iron and calcium I'm taking in. Whats the thought on taking a multi vitamin supplement? :frown:

Replies

• RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I take them every day - when I have fallen off the wagon I notice a difference in my general appearance (skin, nails and hair).
    I try to eat well but I don't want to beat myself up for not reaching all my vitamin goals through food, I have enough on my plate already, LOL!
  • jewels1311
    jewels1311 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also take them every day, i have noticed a real difference in my skin, also a lot ,more energy x
  • jewels1311
    jewels1311 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also take them every day, i have noticed a real difference in my skin, also a lot ,more energy x
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've just had a quick look through my food diary and it shows I'm lacking in the amount of iron and calcium I'm taking in. Whats the thought on taking a multi vitamin supplement? :frown:

There's no harm in taking a multi-vitamin. I take one as well.

It's easy to get more calcium into your diet though, especially if you're not lactose intolerant. Increase your dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) and dark green leafy veggies (like spinach) and that will help.

You don't want to take a separate iron supplement without having your blood level tested as you can create serious issues with excessive iron intake.