Walmart meat and veggies!

Options
Our walmart just got a full on grocery part in it. I see the flyers every week and the meat and veggie deals are great but I just can not get myself to buy them there. It is just because it was a store now full on grocery store too.

Does any members here buy there meat and veggies there.

Thanks

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I just purchased their black seedless table grapes. Best grapes I have ever tasted.
  • jakegold
    jakegold Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just keep an eye on the quality of the produce. I don't see a problem with it.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I do. Ours stocks some produce that are grown locally, and they do usually have good meat products. I usually get the 5 lb roll of burger, then separate it out into 1 lb freezer bags. Same with other meats, I get the jumbo packs, and separate it out.

We've never had a problem with fresh foods that we have gotten there.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Walmart's turn over on food is probably so quick I wouldn't worry too much especially if you live in a big city. A lot of people go grocery shopping at Walmart. Just keep your eye on expiration dates. I have had their ribs before and they were pretty good.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My local walmart tends to be a mixed bag with their fruit/vegetable quality. Some weeks it seems like most of the fruit is already spoiled (like grapes and strawberries with mold on them), while other weeks their fruit is downright amazing.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I prefer buying my meats and veggies at Costco or Trader Joe's. I just find the quality to be better. Anytime I am at Walmart for other items and I buy meat or produce it turns out to be bad or when I open the meat it's full of hidden fat that couldn't be seen in the package. I've had enough of those experiences to avoid that part of the store.
  • Giolis
    Giolis Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Shop there all the time. They have such high volume that it's actually fresher then the regular grocery store.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if it's convenient- then yeah. some of it's good- some of it's great- some of it's crap.

just shop like you would anywhere else.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Check the quality (like you would anywhere else) and if you aren't afraid of some price matching (sometimes sales are better elsewhere), they do offer that service :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I have never been happy with the quality of meats at Walmart.

Then again, I have never been happy with the quality of Walmart in general...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the issue would be. What are your concerns exactly?
    You can generally evaluate the quality of veggies and meats just by looking at them.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I once bought a jumbo pack of chicken breasts that had so much broth cook out of them, I would have been better off paying more elsewhere. I don't usually shop there but I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the produce I bought.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I only go there when we unexpectedly run out of something or need something that didn't make it onto the grocery list, but it's been perfectly fine.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My local Wal-mart is very skeevy and the produce is sometimes fine, other times disgusting. It's one of the less good Wal-marts and has forced me to order more from amazon because I hate going there. The one where I used to live was just fine as a store and with their groceries.

I've been in the only-a-grocery-store Wal-mart grocery stores (the ones with the green signs, I forget what they're called) and they've always seemed just fine.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I've done Walmart veggies, but I am particular with meats. I LOVE Costco for all that.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I only buy my meat from costco. Tried walmart meat once and will never again. Produce I regularly buy from farm stands since I'm so lucky to live close to farms and then my other go to for produce is definitely walmart. I find it's usually pretty good.
  • r6159
    r6159 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Our walmart just got a full on grocery part in it. I see the flyers every week and the meat and veggie deals are great but I just can not get myself to buy them there. It is just because it was a store now full on grocery store too.

Does any members here buy there meat and veggies there.

Thanks
    t

Been shopping there for years and still healthy.

• LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find my regular grocery store has much better quality of meat/produce.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I used to shop there when I was on a tight budget. I don't anymore.

The quality of the produce and meat especially was poor. Their beef was just down outright awful. Canned/boxed, etc things like salsa, cereals, pasta were fine.