Intense effort but scale staying the same, HELP!

Options
Khaleesismama
Khaleesismama Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm on a 1500 cal 20 carb moderate protein eating style, and since starting intense excercising and lifting I up my protein on those days. I workout 6 if not 7 days a week. I eat clean but do not eat back workout calories unless I feel I need a quest bar or shake after. I've been at this for five months, I have lost fifty pounds so far but this past month I started the extreme exsercising hoping to tone and up my weightloss but the scale has practically stopped moving .. I'm so confused I feel like I'm doing everything right but now I'm not losing weight.. how is that even possible? ? HELP

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Water retention. Normal fluctuations. Weight loss isn't linear, etc.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 50 pound loss. That's fantastic!

What do you mean by 'eat clean'? Are you weighing, measuring and logging everything correctly?

When you say the scale 'practically stopped moving' do you mean that it's only showing a small loss?
  • gainesma
    gainesma Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1500 cal 20 carb moderate protein eating style, and since starting intense excercising and lifting I up my protein on those days. I workout 6 if not 7 days a week. I eat clean but do not eat back workout calories unless I feel I need a quest bar or shake after. I've been at this for five months, I have lost fifty pounds so far but this past month I started the extreme exsercising hoping to tone and up my weightloss but the scale has practically stopped moving .. I'm so confused I feel like I'm doing everything right but now I'm not losing weight.. how is that even possible? ? HELP

■■■insulin secretion from to much protein or carbohydrates in your shake possibly. Try increasing fat, lowering protein and keeping carbs under 30g. Also over exercise can cause you to secrete to much stress hormone which interferes with weightloss. One other thought is that you're adding muscle too. You could also decide to fast (eat no food) for a week or two or even add intermittent fasting 2 times a week...■■■
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    gainesma wrote: »

■■■insulin secretion from to much protein or carbohydrates in your shake possibly. Try increasing fat, lowering protein and keeping carbs under 30g. Also over exercise can cause you to secrete to much stress hormone which interferes with weightloss. One other thought is that you're adding muscle too. You could also decide to fast (eat no food) for a week or two or even add intermittent fasting 2 times a week...■■■

Yes, try to not eat for a week or two....let's see what happens.

OP, don't do that. Suggesting someone starve themselves to lose weight is just plain stupid.
  • Khaleesismama
    Options
    Congrats on the 50 pound loss. That's fantastic!

What do you mean by 'eat clean'? Are you weighing, measuring and logging everything correctly?

When you say the scale 'practically stopped moving' do you mean that it's only showing a small loss?

Thank you! By eat clean I mean unprosessed foods mainly veggies and meat I cook at home with the exception of my protein bars, I am measuring and I'm losing inches but its the scale that has me stumped I got down to my lowest then started my workouts andputting gand gained ten pounds now I've list five of that but the past week or just stays the same
  • Khaleesismama
    Options
    gainesma wrote: »

I already keep net carbs under 20 even with my shake/ bar and I don't eat them regularly, normaly after late night cardio/lift if I'm feeling completely drained I'll eat one. I had no idea you could over scarecise. Wouldn't fasting do more damage in the long run once I started to eat again?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean" (which is a bad way to describe food, IMHO) isn't what matters; it's how many calories you're eating. If you're losing inches, be happy. You are still making progress. I'd much rather be smaller than see a lower number on the scale.

Weight loss is not linear. If you're working out harder lately, you are probably retaining water for muscle repair.

As far as the eating situation which is the most important piece of weight loss, this chart created by @lemonlionheart may help:

a37btb7mxb3t.jpg

Here's a great post about keeping a food diary that might offer some insight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10191216/the-most-important-thing-you-can-do-to-lose-weight

If you still have questions, please ask.