Hi my name is Dave

Options
Hello everyone!!

Im new to this and am looking at loosing 30 pounds so I can run in a 5K with my daughter Ashlee.

Wish me luck:)

Replies

• sovokit
    sovokit Posts: 9
    Options
    All the best Dave,

This is a good site. I've been here since mid-April and have managed to lose 16 lbs so far.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    good luck Dave! 5k's are fun, I'm trying to get back in shape so I can get back to doing them.
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dave!

Have you two picked a date for your 5K yet? You two are going to have a blast...one of my favorite things is going for a run with my dad.
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    how exciting...good luck :-)))
  • tanyaevans5
    Options
    Good Luck Dave
    This has been the best site so far i have ever come across as i am quite addicted to how much i put in my body calorie wise etc, hope u make ur target for ur 5K
    Tanya

4080616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • davejohn1867
    Options
    How many have you ran in? Any good advice? First time for doing this.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    On sunny days i run to work instead of driving its bout 5.5km takes me 30-40min depending on how energetic i am that morning lol
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Dave,

My best advice if you have never run before is to start slowly and stick with it no matter how much it sucks....because it will suck in the beginning. After a little while you'll start to wonder how you ever did without it! Jeff Galloway has lots of good books on running and incorporating walk breaks into your runs which help to speed recovery, check him out at the library.

There are also lots and lots of podcasts out there about running which are sometimes nice to load on the mp3 player for your runs. My favorite trick is to have an audiobook or series of podcasts that I can only listen to when I'm working out, you won't believe how itchy you get to keep a workout going when you have a new podcast or you're reaching the end of a book!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome & best of luck to you!
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    Good luck to you. Supreme motivation. Success stories GALORE. You can do it!
  • petersoc
    petersoc Posts: 3
    Options
    I want to run a 5K too. Trying to walk it first. I can finish at a brisk walk with a few minutes of light jogging in 58 minutes on treadmill.
  • katiann00
    katiann00 Posts: 17
    Options
    Best of Luck!!!!!! :)