124»

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    cwystal wrote: »
    Read the ingredients....if you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, don't consume it. That's my rule of thumb. Plus most have an ingredient called propylene glycol in it.......an ingredient found in antifreeze.....thanks but I think I'll keep this out of my body. But i will admit those enhancers are delicious. My local grocery sells fruit infused water. Only ingredients are h20 and small amounts of fruit.

Many types of anti-freeze are largely composed of dihydrogen monoxide, should I keep that out of my body?

I'm a big manly man I DRINK DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE like its water!

<swoon>

:sunglasses:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I buy whatever's on sale and use them often. Haven't noticed much difference between them.

Ditto.
  • MissionToHotMom
    MissionToHotMom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like am lucky that I like water, so i drink it plain and ice cold most of the time, but sometimes I do like a flavor after the first 3 liters, my favorite is the Great Value Raspberry Lemonade
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Tilly1285 wrote: »
    What's everyone's take on the small bottle enhancers available at all grocery stores? Dasani has one, WalMart's Great Value, Crystal Light, Mio, etc. What is the best one?

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial. If you must buy them here is a list of best to worst (still not great) http://www.eatthis.com/best-worst-water-enhancers#fref

Just no. Stop fear mongering.

Sorry not fear mongering just informed and someone who prefers to be helpful rather than keep the good information all to myself. To be informed of all opinions and or facts is not to be feared but rather appreciated. You don't know me or my story. I am definitely all about educating and helping other.

So how is saying "..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells" in one post, followed by "So they may or may not be killing brain cells but they are not good for our bodies" in another post supportive of being informed and educating others? I read that as "I don't know, so I'll type scary things", which is actually fear mongering.

I don't know if water enhancers contain things that are bad for me, so I choose not to suggest that they do.
    It's as if the hair metal band Cinderella ran a medical school:

And everybody's got opinions
    But nobody's got the answers
    And that *kitten* you ate for breakfast
    Well, it'll only give you cancer

© WARNER/CHAPPELL MUSIC, INC.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients....if you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, don't consume it. That's my rule of thumb. Plus most have an ingredient called propylene glycol in it.......an ingredient found in antifreeze.....thanks but I think I'll keep this out of my body. But i will admit those enhancers are delicious. My local grocery sells fruit infused water. Only ingredients are h20 and small amounts of fruit.

I paid attention in chemistry and can not only pronounce but 9/10 times know what the chemical is... Lol Don't go drinking that dihydrogen oxide!! That's probably in antifreeze too...
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »

I paid attention in chemistry and can not only pronounce but 9/10 times know what the chemical is... Lol Don't go drinking that dihydrogen oxide!! That's probably in antifreeze too...

Yeah I don't fish any more. All the rivers are contaminated with dihydrogen monoxide.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »

Yeah I don't fish any more. All the rivers are contaminated with dihydrogen monoxide.

Plus the fish shag in it.
  • skysiebaby
    skysiebaby Posts: 88 Member
    Options

That sounds like it came straight off FoodBabe's website. And she's a fruitcake.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Tilly1285 wrote: »
    What's everyone's take on the small bottle enhancers available at all grocery stores? Dasani has one, WalMart's Great Value, Crystal Light, Mio, etc. What is the best one?

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial.

I'm not sure where you are getting the information that our body can't process water enhancers or that they kill brain cells, but I am not convinced that natural is always better than artificial. If I had the choice between being stung by a dozen bees (natural) or having a glass of water with a few drops of Mio in it (artificial, in your estimation), I think I'd be drinking some Mio. And I don't even like the stuff.

Lol, I think I'd rather have Mio than be stung by bees..hahaha! I'm just saying our bodies cannot identify some of these chemicals and has no idea what to do with them. So they may or may not be killing brain cells but they are not good for our bodies. Our bodies were meant to ingest natural whole unprocessed foods, as much as we possibly can, in this fake (meaning artificial chemicals) food & drink world anyway. Here is something about safety of artificial sweeteners in the long haul..

'Whether non-nutritive sweeteners are safe depends on your definition of safe. Studies leading to FDA approval have ruled out cancer risk, for the most part. However, those studies were done using far smaller amounts of diet soda than the 24 ounces a day consumed by many people who drink diet soda. We really don’t know what effect large amounts of these chemicals will have over many years.

And there are other health concerns beside cancer. In the Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis, daily consumption of diet drinks was associated with a 36% greater risk for metabolic syndrome and a 67% increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Aren’t these diseases that artificial sweeteners may help prevent in the first place? " http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/artificial-sweeteners-sugar-free-but-at-what-cost-201207165030

also..http://gizmodo.com/what-are-artificial-sweeteners-really-doing-to-our-bodi-1641319335

You said before they would kill brain cells. Now you say they "may or may not." I'm not understanding what your argument is. Do you believe, as you stated before, that they kill brain cells. When you say we are "meant" to eat certain things, who means for us to eat them?

And if you would rather drink Mio than be stung by bees, what is the meaning of your statement that natural is always better than artificial? You don't believe that?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i use mio and crystal light, though I think I'll buy the minute maid ones next

I hate regular water unless I'm really thirsty. that and plain water seems to irritate my stomach. sharp stabbing pains. add mio to it and no issue. go figure
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I squirt lemon slices or lime slices; NUUN sometimes.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Many types of anti-freeze are largely composed of dihydrogen monoxide, should I keep that out of my body?

I'm a big manly man I DRINK DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE like its water!

bdss.gif
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    True Lemon. And there's usually a coupon floating around the internet for it.