Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Open your diary && buy a food scale.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like, hit your calorie goal, get lots of fruits and veggies!
  • ke1by
    ke1by Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If your a veteran the VA has a plan called MOVE. I just started so far so good.
  • Tunderlala
    Tunderlala Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stay away from processed food!
  • vinaprice
    vinaprice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Zone Diet
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    CICO- Calories In Calories Out
    Take in less calories than you put in and you will lose weight. But make sure those in calories are nutritious and balanced (aka not all sugar or protein) add me if you want an active friend. :]
  • HulkBalls
    HulkBalls Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I'll try and do all ha! Add me to keep me posted. All welcome :)
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Stay away from processed foods and too much oil in cooking (I use ceramic nonstick pans and veggie broth instead). Try to eat more plants than anything else. Count your calories HONESTLY and consistently at least until you get into a solid routine of staying in your calorie zones (but continuing calorie counting is best). Healthy inside is just as important as healthy outside. I know people say calories in vs out is more important that WHAT you're eating, but I'll bet their hearts, bones, and joints will disagree sooner rather than later.
  • erigann
    erigann Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tunderlala wrote: »
    Stay away from processed food!

I agree, the more real food the better. The same exact foods with the added preservatives/dextrose in them make me gain a ton of water weight. When I eat just real food I feel more full & I don't puff up

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options

Open your diary && buy a food scale.

This. Enter your stats into MFP and eat at the deficit it gives you. Don't forget to weigh and log everything you eat.
  • HulkBalls
    Options
    I just can't keep it off! -.^ I lose a few stone.. Then go backwards. I'm my own worst enemy :,(
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    HulkBalls wrote: »
    I just can't keep it off! -.^ I lose a few stone.. Then go backwards. I'm my own worst enemy :,(

Don't worry about avoiding foods or food groups - that's not the answer. Buy a food scale and weigh all of your solid food. Log all of your food and stick to a calorie deficit. As long as you are accurate in your calorie counting (that's what the scale will help with) and eating at the calorie deficit, you will lose weight. It doesn't matter what food you are eating. You can still eat food you enjoy and are used to, just less of it.
    Please read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I use the balanced diet. I eat my calorie goal, use a food scale, hit my macros. The end. And don't forget dessert.
  • HulkBalls
    Options
    Tbf I eat pretty well.. Maybe smaller portion sizes are key too
  • arditarose
    Options
    Less calories are key.
  • HulkBalls
    Options
    I already downed like 8 stone.. But as i lost more. It got harder
  • arditarose
    Options
    HulkBalls wrote: »
    I already downed like 8 stone.. But as i lost more. It got harder

That's how it goes. The closer you are to goal, the less room you have for error. That's why using a food scale is especially helpful, along with not over estimating your calories burned.
  • HulkBalls
    Options
    Yeah true say! I'm guessing I shall just keep going as I am.. Even if it's going slower .. And watch my cals a bit more maybe. Thankyou