Cereal choices?

Options
kmcgrath1
kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
Ok....I'm kind of tired eating the same old cereal day in and day out... would love to hear some other choices!

What is your favorite high fiber cereal?

Replies

• eericson51
    eericson51 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love Shredded Mini Wheats! And Special K Vanilla Almond! YUM!
  • steve4580
    steve4580 Posts: 32
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch: 8g fiber per serving. Next would be Raisin Bran: 6.5g fiber per serving.
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    Nature's Path Organic - Heritage Heirloom Whole Grains Cereal. No sugar with a cup of Silk Original Soy Milk.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My new found fave cereal is Kashi Honey Sunshine...reminds me a lot of Cap-N-Crunch w/o all the sugar and other crap.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal crisp almond is tasty, maple brown sugar oatmeal is yummy on cold mornings, Kashi go lean crunch is good, raisin bran of course. I love mini wheats i pop them in like a snack (but still breakfast) while i have a coffee, it kind of replaces a donut or cookie for me.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow...these sound really good! Makes me want to get myself a bowl of cereal for dinner!
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Caramel Delight is similar to Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Lots of sugar, so I tend to have it if I need something sweet as opposed to breakfast, but it has lots of fiber.
  • swimmer23
    swimmer23 Posts: 70
    Options
    Nature's Path Organic - Heritage Heirloom Whole Grains Cereal. No sugar with a cup of Silk Original Soy Milk.

No sugar?!?! I'm buying that today.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Special K cinnamon pecan! It is my all time favorite!!!
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Special K cinnamon pecan! It is my all time favorite!!!
  • kristina0206
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Berry Crunch! I converted from Special K :)
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    My favorite high fiber is Fiber One, but my favorite overall cereal is Fruit Loops!
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    I like the original Kashi and Cheerios. I prefer the Kashi because it has 13g of protein :)
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi, Special K Red Berries, Cherrios, Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini Wheats.
    On the berries and Cheerios I usually add banana too to beef up the fiber.

I always opt for cereals high in fiber to get my day going and stay full longer. :smile:
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Original, and you can mix it with a half serving of another cereal to change up the taste. I like Cascadian Chocolate Os
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you like to make stuff yourself, granola cereal is pretty easy to make and cheaper than the boxed stuff.

I go to the health food store (or the health food section of the grocery store) and get a bunch of rolled and puffed grains - oats, barley, brown rice, millet, etc. I throw in some flax seeds and a cup or two of chopped nuts. Spread out about 6 cups on a couple of baking sheets and brown in the oven for a few minutes. Then, I mix it up in a giant bowl with 1 cup of dried fruit.

On the stove, in a non-stick saucepan, I melt about a cup of nut butter and stir in honey until it's sweet to my taste.

Then, stir hot nut butter/honey into the bowl of toast grains/nuts/dried fruit. A optional pinch of salt and you're good to go! It freezes well, too. It's awesome with some plain or vanilla yogurt in a parfait.

You can mix and match nut butter, grains, fruit, etc. Sometimes I make it with those tiny chocolate chips. :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kashi Vanilla and Great Grains with pecans and dates
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Kashi Berry Blossoms or Berry Crunch or something like that. It's delicious!!