sweet tooth:/ craving sweets!

Options
What is a healthy alternative to things like Double fudge chocolate cake!!!

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything lol, but get creative with fruits and protein powders! I make a lot of mug cakes that are delicious! Also though, for chocolate....the fudge sickle 40 calorie pops are really good!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If I really wanted cake, I would make room for it in my calorie goal.
    Otherwise, I just discovered Medjool dates! Very sweet and dense-just eating one satisfies my sweet tooth! Sometimes I'll have a couple of nuts with it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A piece of dark chocolate.
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fiber one has these delicious brownies that only have 90 calorie to each one. They are a pretty decent size as well :) the mint brownie is my favorite!
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've found three things that really help with my sweet cravings:

The first one is Yoplait greek 100 whips. As the name suggest it's 100 calorie greek yogurt that's whipped, which gives it the texture of a mousse. They're SO GOOD. I don't even like normal greek yogurt, but at this point I'm eating one of these on a daily basis. They taste like a dessert to me, but they're only 100 calories and have some decent nutritional value. My favorite is the lemon meringue one, though I also highly recommend the strawberry cheesecake flavor too.

The second one is squares of Dove dark chocolate. It's not the darkest or healthiest dark chocolate out there by any means, but they're individually wrapped so that's convenient. If I really want chocolate but don't want to waste all the calories on a larger dessert, I just have one or two pieces of the chocolate. It's easy to allot for in your daily intake.

The third one is date rolls (or as someone above said, just plain dates). Dates are SO sweet, they will definitely do the trick. I personally prefer date rolls over plain dates, myself. They're typically rolled in nuts or coconut, and are super duper tasty.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ebbingfat wrote: »
    I've found three things that really help with my sweet cravings:

The first one is Yoplait greek 100 whips. As the name suggest it's 100 calorie greek yogurt that's whipped, which gives it the texture of a mousse. They're SO GOOD. I don't even like normal greek yogurt, but at this point I'm eating one of these on a daily basis. They taste like a dessert to me, but they're only 100 calories and have some decent nutritional value. My favorite is the lemon meringue one, though I also highly recommend the strawberry cheesecake flavor too.

The second one is squares of Dove dark chocolate. It's not the darkest or healthiest dark chocolate out there by any means, but they're individually wrapped so that's convenient. If I really want chocolate but don't want to waste all the calories on a larger dessert, I just have one or two pieces of the chocolate. It's easy to allot for in your daily intake.

The third one is date rolls (or as someone above said, just plain dates). Dates are SO sweet, they will definitely do the trick. I personally prefer date rolls over plain dates, myself. They're typically rolled in nuts or coconut, and are super duper tasty.

The best thing is dipping fresh strawberries in those Yoplait Greek whips. So decadent and only 130 calories.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I may have made a chocolate chip quesadilla the other day. One small corn tortilla heated with a tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate. And if you have good knife skills, you can whip up a fruit salsa for dipping while it heats up. The tortilla is a little chewy, but the texture just extends the actual time spent eating. And I'd totally throw some nuts or seeds in there for crunch to make it a tiny dessert meal.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's work, but you can make a very tasty black bean/sweet potato fudge bar. Great protein, low sugar, no wheat. Totally worth making room in your day for them.

http://kiwiandbean.com/black-bean-sweet-potato-chocolate-fudge-bars/
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    What is a healthy alternative to things like Double fudge chocolate cake!!!

The best alt. I've found is calorie deficit adding exercise when needed so I can EAT THE CAKE !!!