Options

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    this post makes my knees hurt. I can squat one time and then i have to rest for 3 minutes, Sometimes i even ice my knees between my whimpy sets of 1 rep.

You're a useless slacker.
    DYELB?!?!?!?!

she just needs to up her cardio to build her endurance, is all

Sometimes i do 2 reps at at time, does that count as endurance training?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    this post makes my knees hurt. I can squat one time and then i have to rest for 3 minutes, Sometimes i even ice my knees between my whimpy sets of 1 rep.

DYELB?!?!?!?!

WOAHO
    WOAH
    WOAAH

you're really taxing your system there- at 2 reps you very well could be eating your muscles- because we know- cardio eats muscles.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

DYELB?!?!?!?!

WOAHO
    WOAH
    WOAAH

you're really taxing your system there- at 2 reps you very well could be eating your muscles- because we know- cardio eats muscles.

That is exactly what happen to me on attempt number 2 with 12 hours of cardio weekly and 12 hours of weight training weekly.

• Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I did 512 a couple of weeks ago just to see how many I could do. Never again!
    I also used to do a lot of bodyweight squating years ago for MMA. They are great for endurance but useless for building any mass on the legs. Weighted squats the way to go.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »
    I did 512 a couple of weeks ago to see how many I could do. Never again!

How much time pass before you could walk?

• Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Walking wasn't too bad. But I really struggled when sitting down for the following couple of days.

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've never counted the number of body weight squats I can do. Presumably a lot but what's the point? I get bored with too many reps. More weight, less reps!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am more interested in increasing the pounds I can squat, not the number of times I can squat.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    But why?
    It's cool to challenge myself, but I need to work toward a 1 rep max as opposed to some high rep goal.
    That's actually great for endurance though!

Good luck to you :)

• janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I got bored after 60-something just below parallel. Stopped counting, then eventually stopped squating. I've been lifting for 2.5 weeks. I'm a top-heavy 186. 5'10".
  • attempting9
    attempting9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did 75 squat in a row in my best moment.
    I barely reach 50 now.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I get bored before I get tired- but I suppose if you could get to 100 at full depth that might be something.

I only really ever do 3-6 reps.

This. Body weight for me is just for warming up.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I reach failure with bodyweight squats at around 25-30. But to do them in sets, I drop the reps down to 15-18.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have no idea nor do I really care to know.
  • kimmiebrito
    kimmiebrito Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Guys!! The point of it is because I'm curious! I know how to workout! Lol yesterday I was doing squats just for the hell of it at home. I did 50 *kitten* to grass and I was not tired at all so I was just curious how much people can do (you guys do A LOT!).. I train.. HEAVY. Soo basically it was out of curiosity not because I was planning to make it my leg day
  • kimmiebrito
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have no idea nor do I really care to know.
    Ok... What was the point of
    that lol

• kimmiebrito
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »
    I did 512 a couple of weeks ago just to see how many I could do. Never again!
    I also used to do a lot of bodyweight squating years ago for MMA. They are great for endurance but useless for building any mass on the legs. Weighted squats the way to go.
    holy moly
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    12,211. Just for fun I used a 1RM calculation to find out how many 1lb squats I would need to do (can't calculate with 0lb's) to match my calculated 1RM and that is what it ended up being. Yeah, not going to go there. I should put the spreadsheet away and go to bed. :smiley:
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    100 continually if I'm rested. Possibly more but I'll usually throw bodysquats into a 1000 rep challenge day so I've never had cause to go over that.
  • kimmiebrito
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »
    12,211. Just for fun I used a 1RM calculation to find out how many 1lb squats I would need to do (can't calculate with 0lb's) to match my calculated 1RM and that is what it ended up being. Yeah, not going to go there. I should put the spreadsheet away and go to bed. :smiley:

That's smart!