How many squats can you do?

Options

Replies

• lukos05
    lukos05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    how many squats can you do continually without stopping (no weights added)? I want a challenge/goal lol
    Post your weight too if you're comfortable sharing it!

Thanks

When I can't squeeze in lifting, I do 4 sets of a minimum of 25 each, doing different types of squats each set for a minimum total of 100, just body weight. I like to break it up into squat-types like that to work different muscle groups. ( I will alternatively do these with 4x25 upper body sets, alternating pushups/dips, and 4 different ab moves.) It's easy to squeeze in when you feel bad for missing a workout and just want to move. ;)

It looks like:
    *25 parallel squats*
    25 pushups
    25 crunches
    *25 below parallel squats*
    25 triceps dips
    25 reverse crunches
    *25 plié (sumo) squats*
    25 pushups
    25 (per side) bicycle crunches
    *25 chair squats*
    25 triceps dips
    25 (per side) side-plank dips

If you are a beginner, beginner, some 30-day squat challenges may be your style.

Honestly, you should just squat until muscle fatigue, counting that, then see if you can gradually increase it. Always stretch afterward and don't do it every day to allow muscle tissue to repair.

Best of luck!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Guys!! The point of it is because I'm curious! I know how to workout! Lol yesterday I was doing squats just for the hell of it at home. I did 50 *kitten* to grass and I was not tired at all so I was just curious how much people can do (you guys do A LOT!).. I train.. HEAVY. Soo basically it was out of curiosity not because I was planning to make it my leg day

I used to be in a TRX class where warm up for lower body was basically bodyweight squats. It lasted for 4 minutes non-stop. For me this meant about 30-40 squats per minute, so a total of about 120-160 squats? This was the warm up, so I am guessing we could have gone on for longer, but never tried it.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Dont set your goals based on what others can do - if you want to bodyweight squat then just do some with good form and see how many you can do - then try to do 2 more. Each day, see if you can add a few extra or add some weight if you prefer. However, don't listen to these pumped up idiots who tell you is not worth it without weight - squats are a great exercise and you should work out in a way you feel comfortable.
    I do both - weighted and bodyweight but that's just what suits me.
    Happy to share my weight, I'm still a long way over my goal at 162lb (I'm female and 5ft 6").
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    debsbiggs wrote: »
    Dont set your goals based on what others can do - if you want to bodyweight squat then just do some with good form and see how many you can do - then try to do 2 more. Each day, see if you can add a few extra or add some weight if you prefer. However, don't listen to these pumped up idiots who tell you is not worth it without weight - squats are a great exercise and you should work out in a way you feel comfortable.
    Happy to share my weight, I'm still a long way over my goal at 162lb (I'm female and 5ft 6").

No one in this thread has said that they are no worth it without weight.
    I said they are useless for adding mass, which is true.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Who are you talking about?

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Zero
  • kimmiebrito
    kimmiebrito Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Truuuuu
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Never tried to go all out reps wise on squat. I think 30 reps (with some left in the tank) for 135 lbs. Or did I do that deadlifting? Or was it both?
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Options
    spicy618
    August 6, 2015 4:32PM
    If there is no weight, I can do A LOT. However, like another posted stated...Why?
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

spicy618
    If there is no weight, I can do A LOT. However, like another posted stated...Why?

Erm there were several rude posters asking why you would bother with body weight squats - also people on here can be so judgemental, we can't all lift 500lbs!
    I was merely stating that no matter what others say they can do, you should base your goals on improving your own abilities. Too much in this life is based on what you can do compared to someone else.
    Body weight squats are an excellent exercise and if you can do them with good form, do as many as you can, plus 2 more (there's always 2 more in the tank) and then congratulate yourself on a job well done instead of comparing yourself to others.
    That's all I'm saying!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    spicy618

spicy618

Erm there were several rude posters asking why you would bother with body weight squats - also people on here can be so judgemental, we can't all lift 500lbs!
    I was merely stating that no matter what others say they can do, you should base your goals on improving your own abilities. Too much in this life is based on what you can do compared to someone else.
    Body weight squats are an excellent exercise and if you can do them with good form, do as many as you can, plus 2 more (there's always 2 more in the tank) and then congratulate yourself on a job well done instead of comparing yourself to others.
    That's all I'm saying!

We weren't name calling though, as you did. I find that a bit more rude than pointing out that doing endless amount of bodyweight squats is not beneficial.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    spicy618

spicy618

That's all I'm saying!

We weren't name calling though, as you did. I find that a bit more rude than pointing out that doing endless amount of bodyweight squats is not beneficial.

Well hey, the OP clearly understood what I meant since she replied with truuuuu!
    No name caspicy618
    Quoteking intended
    I have no idea nor do I really care to know.
    Ok... What was the point of
    that lol

Thankfully OP saw the point!
    I wish Kimmiebrito all the best with training and don't be put off by people who say you're not good enough or not doing it right! Do it safely and the way you will keep doing it - the best training is the training you keep doing!
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Options
    Also, bodyweight squats are beneficial in any number - if you can do an endless amount then bravo to you! I can also do an endless amount as I get bored at 250 but it doesn't mean it's not beneficial! Move more, lose more! For some of us, anything is better than nothing!
    Squats are a good compound exercise and should be encouraged.
  • arditarose
    Options
    spicy618

spicy618

That's all I'm saying!

Well hey, the OP clearly understood what I meant since she replied with truuuuu!
    No name caspicy618
    Quoteking intended
    that lol

I wish Kimmiebrito all the best with training and don't be put off by people who say you're not good enough or not doing it right! Do it safely and the way you will keep doing it - the best training is the training you keep doing!

Do you even internet?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Also, bodyweight squats are beneficial in any number - if you can do an endless amount then bravo to you! I can also do an endless amount as I get bored at 250 but it doesn't mean it's not beneficial! Move more, lose more! For some of us, anything is better than nothing!

So why do you benefit from doing 250 body weight squats as opposed to a more moderate amount? Why is it so beneficial?
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Options
    spicy618

spicy618

That's all I'm saying!

No name caspicy618
    Quoteking intended
    that lol

Do you even internet?

No not often because I have a life!
    Clearly you and your Internet prowess are the problem here!
  • arditarose
    Options
    spicy618

spicy618

That's all I'm saying!

No name caspicy618
    Quoteking intended
    that lol

Do you even internet?

No not often because I have a life!
    Clearly you and your Internet prowess are the problem here!

Yes, clearly.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Did 125 yesterday without weights. I did 5 sets, 25 reps. About 30 seconds inbetween if I felt I needed it.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Options

So why do you benefit from doing 250 body weight squats as opposed to a more moderate amount? Why is it so beneficial?

So you have pm'ed me to answer this question - seems you are an Internet bully!
    I never said that I benefited from doing 250 body weight squats but the OP asked a question! I can't answer how many squats I can do because I get bored before I give up. However, I wanted to offer encouragement rather than negativity because weight loss and strength training is difficult.
    Any amount of squats, moderate or not, would be of benefit as I said earlier!
    There is plenty of research about the benefit of compound body weight exercises but you are cabaple of finding it yourself online and clearly you are not actually interested, but rather trying to be smart! The OP is clearly smarter and already able to access suitable supporting info.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    'bout tree fiddy.
    I'm hoping to get to over 9,000 some day.
  • arditarose
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    'bout tree fiddy.
    I'm hoping to get to over 9,000 some day.

dats a lot