Rings

Options
Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
My wedding ring has suddenly become too big. Apparently, I've lost a lot of weight in my hands. :) Right now, my knuckle is just large enough to keep it in place, but I got a bit of a scare when I was swimming last weekend. My hands were wet and cold and I just about lost the ring.

I can't resize the ring because it is tungsten.

So ... what are my options?

Have you dealt with this situation?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There are these things (I have the same problem - 2 tone ring, so can't be traditionally resized)) which clip onto the inside of the ring, thus making the hole smaller (that sounds dirty, come to think of it). But yeah, they go on the palm-side of the ring, on the inside and there are various colours you can get to match your ring colour. I'll have a Google and see if I can find them
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My wedding ring has suddenly become too big.

Odd my first thought when reading this was, how has your ring grown in size.

But I saw something today oddly, they put a something on the inside, like some clear hose/tubing. If that makes sense.

What I would try is getting some clear tubing like 1cm diameter or less. Cutting a small section again about a cm long.

Then cutting along the tube long ways. That way you can slip it onto you ring, making the finger hole smaller.

The tube that comes to mind is what is used on a ventilator that goes to the part over your mouth and nose.

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I would just take the thing off. Lace it into your shoe so you don't lose it. If men hit on you, just point to your shoe. B)
  • katerinabowler
    katerinabowler Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a jeweller. I only work with precious metals, but it is possible to solder small balls of metal into the inside of rings to resize them. This works particularly well for people with large knuckles or arthritic hands. X
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a jeweller. I only work with precious metals, but it is possible to solder small balls of metal into the inside of rings to resize them. This works particularly well for people with large knuckles or arthritic hands. X

Even tungsten?