10000 steps goal anyone?

Options

Replies

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oh! and I'm a desk-job work-from-home person, too.
  • ruhi1406
    ruhi1406 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I am at home, I try for 10,000 every day.

I'm traveling through the 12th, though, and my time really isn't my own until then, so it varies a lot. (Plus I'm fighting a nagging hip injury -- Am trying to take it easy when that goes from 'ache' to 'pain!')

Yesterday, I hit 1000 miles walked since starting with my Fitbit on 18 January!

That's quite an achievement... Specially with the hip injury! Just shows you are stronger than the excuses! Keep going...
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    10675 for me today. That 5 days in a row over 10000 steps!!' Yay me!!
  • miznash32
    miznash32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I almost hit 18,000 today. I'm determined to hit 20,000.
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Here is me, so far:
    1 - 5641 (stuck on a train)
    2 - 11769
    3 - 6836
    4 - 10809
    5 - 17223
    6 - 12170
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I easily hit 10,000 a day. It's the Summer holidays here (I'm a teacher) and I have 3 young kids and we're out every day. Just in a day at work I hit around 7000 as I don't tend to sit down.
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use fitbit and I try to keep my weekly 7 day average around 100,000.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi! people do you all have a fitbit? Or do you have other cheap reliable alternative
  • priscillam31
    Options
    okm9zxnriobs.jpg

How I feel today after walking 2 miles on the treadmill and my Fitbit on counting 1600 steps.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    okm9zxnriobs.jpg

How I feel today after walking 2 miles on the treadmill and my Fitbit on counting 1600 steps.

:D lol ok roger that!
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    August 7 goal achieved over 10,000 steps.
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi just found this thread. Yesterday I only logged 4478 steps on the Whithing App on my Iphone. But I spent the whole day in the garden bent over pulling weeds. The day before 13,055. Usually when I see I'm not going to get my 10,000 (and this is my first week on this, so usually probably isn't the right word) I take the dog for an extra walk. It's a win for both of us. I am really going to enjoy having a place to post this and share with others.
    I met a girl in the car rental office who was wearing a fitbit, and we both had a great chat about step counting. Which the other girl probably thought was mental. LOL
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    okm9zxnriobs.jpg

The picture totally cracked me up!!! Thanks

10261963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I am in. I have not managed to do it yet. My doctor said stretch and walk, that's hard when you work at a call center. I walk during my 15mins breaks (i get 2)and I try to walk during my 1 hr lunch. But I will do this one day that I will meet 10000 a day, I know I will
  • priscillam31
    Options
    Forgot to log my steps for yesterday, 11106 steps!!!!!!!!! Add about 3500 to that for the time I walked on the treadmill and it didn't count my steps. Note to self: if holding the handles on treadmill don't wear FitBit on wrist.
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    8/7 - 5608
    8/8 - 10524

(Still averaging over 10,000 per day.)
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    8/9 - 10365
  • ruhi1406
    Options
    When I am at home, I try for 10,000 every day.

I'm traveling through the 12th, though, and my time really isn't my own until then, so it varies a lot. (Plus I'm fighting a nagging hip injury -- Am trying to take it easy when that goes from 'ache' to 'pain!')

Yesterday, I hit 1000 miles walked since starting with my Fitbit on 18 January!

That's quite an achievement... Specially with the hip injury! Just shows you are stronger than the excuses! Keep going...
    Hi just found this thread. Yesterday I only logged 4478 steps on the Whithing App on my Iphone. But I spent the whole day in the garden bent over pulling weeds. The day before 13,055. Usually when I see I'm not going to get my 10,000 (and this is my first week on this, so usually probably isn't the right word) I take the dog for an extra walk. It's a win for both of us. I am really going to enjoy having a place to post this and share with others.
    I met a girl in the car rental office who was wearing a fitbit, and we both had a great chat about step counting. Which the other girl probably thought was mental. LOL
    I use withings too... It's nice I believe... I am having a tough time with managing 10000 steps... But won't give up :)
  • ruhi1406
    Options
    10261963 wrote: »
    Yes I am in. I have not managed to do it yet. My doctor said stretch and walk, that's hard when you work at a call center. I walk during my 15mins breaks (i get 2)and I try to walk during my 1 hr lunch. But I will do this one day that I will meet 10000 a day, I know I will

Hey there! I had the same issue when I had a desk job... I used to take my phone calls standing sometimes and used to walk around the office compounds during coffee n lunch breaks...
  • ruhi1406
    Options
    okm9zxnriobs.jpg

Lool!