How much Greek yogurt is too much?

Options
I love Greek yogurt but I struggle to put the tub down. Could easily eat a 400g tub in one go. Generally have about 100g-400g a day, is that bad for my health?

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Why would it be?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about adding other foods to the yogurt like chia, oatmeal, and fruit? Do you reach for the greek yogurt when you are really, really hungry? Adding other foods might help you get a balance of nutrients and help you put the tub down sooner.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I generally go through a 32 oz (900g) container a day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    100 grams is nothing. It's not even a "serving".
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt but I struggle to put the tub down. Could easily eat a 400g tub in one go. Generally have about 100g-400g a day, is that bad for my health?

Only if it causes you to be lacking in other macros.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

True. I use Fage Total 0% and a single serving is 227g. I have a serving most days with granola and berries.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Nah. That's just under 2 servings. As long as it fits in your calories and you're not neglecting other nutrients in your diet in favor of it? Go for it. It's a great source of protein.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

True. I use Fage Total 0% and a single serving is 227g. I have a serving most days with granola and berries.

Word. I use 170 grams because it comes to a nice 100 calories.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    How many post before the OP actually comes back

Never. We will forever be in suspense.
  • sarahjaneohare
    sarahjaneohare Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for information everyone!
  • 5goldrings
    5goldrings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat 500g low fat or fat free greek natural yogurt every day (in one sitting), no problem. My sister ( a nutritionist) tells me its too much dairy but I dont seem to have any ill effects, I just love it!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    How many post before the OP actually comes back

And OP you could eat nothing but yogurt if you really wanted to and still lose weight, as long as you don't go over your calorie goal. Someone here did it with pop tarts once.

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is really good to hear. I've been going through 2 tubs a week, and worried that I'm eating too much of it :) I'd have two 3/4 servings a day, so I didn't buy a second tub this week...boy do I miss it! lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I don't understand. Why would it be bad for your health? To me, it sounds like you really like Greek yogurt, and I do too. I've eaten 300-400 grams in a day, sometimes more.

If it fits in your calorie goals, go for it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I guess since this is from June, she's figured it out.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I love how this old thread is bumped. What the heck? I can get down with a good 300 grams of greek yogurt per day. It's freaking expensive though.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Can I get Rick Grimes up in hurr?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    "Too much" = if you start getting diarrhea from eating it. This happened to me. I had to lay off it for a while.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    no one wants to hear about your diareer