Dry August - anyone with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• delivered2015
    delivered2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning! August 1 today..............good luck to everyone:)
  • Bamthor1
    Bamthor1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in I'm on day 7 of the Whole 30 anyway so what's an extra week going to hurt. Good luck to all.
  • andymac110
    andymac110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    PInkpug wrote: »
    Hey,
    So I love a glass of wine, I live in Malta and sitting on the terrace in the Med with a glass of wine is practically a requirement. However I know it is stopping me losing the 20lbs I still need to lose. Not only is it extra calories - but the extra alcohol calories usually leads to extra carbs! I love wine so this is going to be a real challenge for me, anyone up to come along for the ride and offer each other motivational support?

Add me as a friend and we can support each other through dry August.
    Bamthor1 wrote: »
    I'm in I'm on day 7 of the Whole 30 anyway so what's an extra week going to hurt. Good luck to all.

My pal did this, had a dry june, he said he had lots of dry.
    Dry gin, dry cider, dry white wine.........
  • delivered2015
    Options
  • Breathe234
    Breathe234 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How is everyone faring?
  • delivered2015
    Options
    I'm not doing that great @Breathe234 but plan to get back on track today...........already 1 week into August! It goes so fast. Old habits die hard I guess. I'm really focusing on healthy choices and portion control with food as well. How are you??
  • spoonieclaree
    spoonieclaree Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im up for it. i shouldnt really drink iwth my medication anyway so good excuse
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I am on a 30 days fitness craze and eating clean, my gym has a competition on at the moment where the winner of loosing the most inches after 30 days wins a Private Trainer package, I want it!! So out goes my daily glass or two of wine.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Going strong still! :) Need to keep resisting temptation but luckily I don't really like beer so when beer is brought into the house, I am not inclined to drink it.
  • PInkpug
    PInkpug Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Going strong, haven't been doing my FP diary which is bad. So starting to do it again from tomorrow. All tempted with a glass of wine today it's been a week now and Saturdays are always a temptation to have a wine in the sun! Why did i start this again!!??
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I recall first logging my food intake, and a few drinks at lunch...and again at dinner...and maybe a nightcap...
    600+ empty calories daily :o
    And every so often, I just like to get smashed with friends which never ends well.

A dry August sounds wonderful!
  • delivered2015
    Options
    Here's to a new week. Only drank once this week and got back on track quickly! However, my eating's been off so still stuck in the same place :s Stay the course everyone!