Returning Back to MFP

Options
I am returning back to MFP after almost a year of being away. We made a move to another state and I started putting my focus on so much to finding a new job that I put my health and fitness on the back burner, and well, my hips and thighs are proof now :/

MFP works because it keeps me on track, committed and if I know how many calories I am burning, with the help of MFP and my Polar watch, I can more accurately keep track of how many calories (keeping in mind all of the nutritional as well) I can eat.

While I was gone, I did earn my Associates in Pre-Dietetics, but after learning more about the field and more researching, I am not sure it is the route I want to go. I do not like a lot of things the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, formerly the American Dietetic Association, has going on in the world of Dietetics and who is part of continuing education courses. But enough about that.

I am doing great my first week logging exercises and now to start logging food. I wish I could remember all the meals I loved so much prior to the move :/ This transition really threw me for a loop.

I hope all of you have had a successful journey over the past year.

By the way, why on earth did MFP sell out to UA? I am really missing a lot about what the previous site had to offer :/

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing is to just not leave. You don't have to be here a lot, just enough to track your progress and maybe cheer on a few friends.

We all hate UA now btw.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Moves and transitions are difficult and so often life gets in the way but... you're back and I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:
  • aew333
    aew333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am back too after being off for 2 years! I've managed to keep it all off except for 5 pounds, but I feel like I could slip back into old habits if I don't hold myself accountable.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Go get it!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    aew333 wrote: »
    I am back too after being off for 2 years! I've managed to keep it all off except for 5 pounds, but I feel like I could slip back into old habits if I don't hold myself accountable.

That is awesome! Great work!

I unfortunately have put on 24lbs. I had finally made it to my goal weight and was there for about half a year or a little longer when the move came up. Not sure if it is stress of moving and spending over a year to find employment, not having physician to treat for thyroid issues as well as my previous one (heck, current physician hasn't even had me in for blood work or anything since my initial visit after my move :/ even though I have never had a stable thyroid panel yet) or the whole not tracking calories, or combo of all of them. But going to give it ago and pray that even without being under physician's care for thyroid and not being on meds will at least help some.