Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Aqua fit is my staple
    Belly dance my fun
    And Zumba my silly
    Love them all because they keep me supple and moving.

Women on weights was good to get past my fear of lifting in the gym, and re enforced I only have to lift heavy for me to see results.

Cheers, h.
  • DodgerBlue19891
    DodgerBlue19891 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are there any guys in your zumba class?
  • krebsi
    krebsi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    body pump! circuit... plyo... hiit
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    spin
    I'm counting the seconds until 5 pm so I get out of the office and get to class!!!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    TRX! I'm not quite ready to start lifting. I can see my muscles growing with TRX. I'm viewing it as prep for a lifting program.

That's funny. I started lifting because TRX seemed too intimidating.

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Dodger, just replied on your other thread about Zumba!
    Didn't see this post first.

Yes we have guys and they love it.

We also have guys in the aqua fit, including my fella. He saw how I was benefiting from it, and switched out one of his runs to aqua. It really helps with flexabiliy and balance. It is also low impact so good for those starting out, a little heavier, or have joint and mobility problems.
    That being said, it is a drop- in class, so though there a number of regulars, the size and make-up of the class is always changing. 20- 80 yr olds, both sexes, though mostly women, and the age is 40+ dominant ( though by no means exclusively so)

Cheers, h.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

There are no guys in my Zumba class. My husband sees me do some of the moves at home from time to time and he's assured me he would never, EVER be in attendance lol. Unless booty shaking is your thing, I'd steer clear.

Body Pump is a great class for both sexes.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Pole is my favourite fitness type class, but that's not actually at my gym. Body Pump is my favourite gym class. :)
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Bootcamp, boxing, strength & conditioning, cycle and kettlebell.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    All I do is spin and sometimes yoga. I really like spin, it kicks my a** so good.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't take any classes but I love rollerblading. On rainy days I have a traditional step and do the Reebok step from 1992. It's all over for free now but I used to have it on VHS tape. Still my favorite and to me still the best B)
  • mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Haha yes there is sometimes about once a month or so. I never see them again after that one class hahahaha! I don't know why, all them booty shaking ladies in the class should be reason enough to stay lol!
    aledba wrote: »
    TRX! I'm not quite ready to start lifting. I can see my muscles growing with TRX. I'm viewing it as prep for a lifting program.

That's funny. I started lifting because TRX seemed too intimidating.

Lol I'm the same. I look at TRX and back away. hahaha!