Getting started - over 50lbs to lose!

Options
Hi

I am just getting started with my eating and exercise plan. I have struggled to keep on track so many times before and it's got to a point now where my weight is really affecting my confidence. I would love to get some friends on here to keep my motivation up and offer tips and advice :)

Thank you xxx

Replies

• Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good luck in reaching your goal.. Feel free to add me if you like
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a similar aim and know exactly what you mean about the confidence. I feel like my life is on hold whilst I hide. I'll add you!
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Honestly I Pretty much have to obsess over MFP for a couple of weeks to get into my groove. It's not so much MFP, it's making sure I count every single calorie and exercise for my MFP friends to see. I see everyone giving it their best and I don't want to be the slacker of the group!! (please feel free to add me if u want!)
  • joakes1988
    joakes1988 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sweep79 wrote: »
    Hi. I have a similar aim and know exactly what you mean about the confidence. I feel like my life is on hold whilst I hide. I'll add you!

This is exactly how I feel too. I never want to go anywhere or do anything for risk of seeing someone that I haven't seen since I gained all this weight.

Thank you all for your comments. I'm hoping that MFP will be the start of a new me :)
    Good luck xxx

• Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck. So much of it is to do with your mind. I've lost 2lb in the first week. Only 3-4% of my aim but I probably feel 20% better just for that!
  • knowlestandy
    knowlestandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Tandy. Nice to meet you. I just wanted to say, that I know the struggles you face. I've been facing them most of my life. I have tried SO many times to go on a "diet" and get into shape. But I've failed SO many times before, so I get down and don't know how to pick myself up. So I did the same as you. I reached out, and now I'm on here everyday and loving the warm people, and support offered. If you'd like to talk, and exchange notes, and just have a friend, I'm here. I'm non-judgemental and honest to a fault sometimes. I won't bs you, and I'll support you in your weight loss endeavours. Good luck on your journey.