hrm not working...estimating calories?

Options
i use my HRM(polar f4) constantly and it's busted...think it just needs a battery change, but it just won't open, so going to have to take it back and get it replaced

anyways i'm off to the gym first thing tomorrow morning and with no hrm i feel a bit lost :(

i plan to do the same ltime/intensity/exercises that i did today at the gym...so should i go by the machines(which seem way out) or take my burn from today, use that for tomorrow's exercise and just be aware that it could be 100-150 either way???

what would you do?

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    rather than taking it back can you not take it to a jeweller that does watch battery changing?
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    So mad at myself I didn't buy the Polar HRM when I got mine. I bought a cheaper one and well.... yep.... I got what I paid for. Bad thing is I threw the box away so I can't return it, although I did buy a warranty on it to have it replaced if something should happen to it. hmm.......
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    I don't have the box for my polar either, do have the warranty tho
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't see any reason why the same exercises at the same intensity for the same time as you did yesterday wouldn't burn at least very close to the same calories today. Just use those.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Estimate your calories from the day before. If it's the same workout it can't be much different
  • CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I read on a post a while back, if you need to estimate your calories burned, to estimate 10 calories per minute for high intense workouts, 7 calories per minute for moderate and 5 calories per minute for light.

Good Luck to you!!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, I just messed with my Polar FT4 and the back went flying off! I will have no issues with the battery in the watch part. Do you know it the chest part needs a battery as well? maybe that is the one needing a change?
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    yeah I think it does
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    Estimate your calories from the day before. If it's the same workout it can't be much different

I get different results every time
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    rather than taking it back can you not take it to a jeweller that does watch battery changing?

i wish.

the battery compartment is absolutely jammed shut, we've used the usual ways of trying to open it and the plastic has just worn down and broke...so thankful for warranties!