New to this - 50lbs to lose!

Options
Hi :)

I am new to my fitness pal. I have joined on the recommendation of a friend. I have struggled with my weight over the last 3 years. I have gained over 4 stone in that and i am struggling to lose it and stay motivated. Looking for some friends to keep me motivated and share advice and tips

Thank you :) xxx

Replies

• ffwang82
    ffwang82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Greeting. This site has very good tool and database to count calories. Cheers lady.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    joakes1988 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I am new to my fitness pal. I have joined on the recommendation of a friend. I have struggled with my weight over the last 3 years. I have gained over 4 stone in that and i am struggling to lose it and stay motivated. Looking for some friends to keep me motivated and share advice and tips

Thank you :) xxx
    Hello and welcome. I lost 100 pounds following the simple MFP principles about calorie goals to lose 1 pound per week. I cut out processed foods and ate whole: lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, nuts, whole grain breads I baked myself, beans and whole dairy.

My workouts were simple.
    I'd do strength - full body Mondays and Thursdays. I'd do cardio Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Saturday was a rest day.

That's it. Take it slow and let your passion for health and fitness cultivate.

Good luck to you
    <3
  • Lisamn1214
    Lisamn1214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I use MFP Fitbit and Instagram. All to motivate me. Down 45 no 60 more to go!! Good luck! U can do it!