Here is a full body pic. How much more weight should I lose?

Options

Replies

• ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bear in mind, you may not need to focus on weight loss at this point but more on body toning. And, consider that, in working to tone the muscles and tighten the 'flab' you may find that you are losing inches but gaining weight! And that's okay. Remember that you can reach your own particular 'goal weight' and still look like a beached whale or something when you see yourself naked in a mirror. So much of your fitness and health regimen is about dropping poundage. But you reach a point in your weight loss part of the program where you need to focus just as much on what KIND of weight you have.
    Short answer? It's not about the pounds. It's about your health and personal sense of self. How do YOU feel?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I would aim to tone up more. Maybe 5-15 pounds?
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BMI weight range for your height is from 110lbs to 140lbs for healthy weight.
    That's always where I start. It's an objective standard with some built in flexibility.

s00nmm1tw8lo.jpg
  • erigann
    erigann Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'6" but as soon as I cross the 150 lb mark than my boobs just lost a lot of volume. If I could have stayed above 150 lbs and not looked so big in my cheeks I would have done it. It's really personal preference.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Just an FYI....that BMI chart above is not current, not accurate. I don't want you thinking 140 lbs is the highest acceptable range for your height. Nope, not at all.

BMI-Chart-eng.png

Yeah, those weights aren't right. 110lbs and 5"8 would equal emaciated. . Personally I wouldn't dip too far under 140lbs either.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This is a fun one. It shows you what you "may" look like at your goal weight.

http://www.modelmydiet.com/
  • s_shortridge
    s_shortridge Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ReeseG4350 wrote: »
    Bear in mind, you may not need to focus on weight loss at this point but more on body toning.

I agree with this because I think you (the original poster) look great with nice muscle tone already. To me, you are just about there. I am 5'4" and aiming for 149. When I get below 135, I am toooooo skinny. When I see ladies wanting to be so thin, I don't understand. My oldest daughter is 20, 4' 11". So tiny. She weighs 120 lbs and is so tiny and cute. A perfect shape everywhere. But some people who are 5' 8" are aiming for 120. So is that ideal for them? Or what they think they should weigh? I don't know. Everyone is built different. But I just wanted to say, it looks like you have worked so hard.

• Bonebag7136
    Bonebag7136 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You look great and have a beautiful and feminine body shape. But if you're unhappy with how your body looks and feels, then maybe try losing 10 lb at the MOST. I wouldn't recommend losing any more than that unless you're goal is to lose more and look a certain way. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Just an FYI....that BMI chart above is not current, not accurate. I don't want you thinking 140 lbs is the highest acceptable range for your height. Nope, not at all.

BMI-Chart-eng.png
    Wow, thanks for the correction!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to tell. If you hold a lot of fat in your midsection you may need to go lower than you ultimately want to be in order to lose it. But if that doesn't concern you then you may not go that low.
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    IMHO: Don't try to lose more at this point, spend 4-5 months lifting at the gym and tone what you have... you'll look even more amazing.After toning, then re-assess. Congrats on your losses! Good work!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My vote is for 15 lbs ^_^
  • ElizabethFuller1
    ElizabethFuller1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would not look at losing pounds so much as waistline. Even if your at normal weight for your height if your waistline is greater then 35 inches for a woman then you have a much greater risk of general cause mortality. And doctors recommend that you be under 30 inches as a woman. I measured my waistline it's 39 inches that's way too high. That means i need to keep losing weight until i get under 35 inches. I also talked with my dietician she flat out told me not to use bmi that it doesn't account for differences in build and body frame size. She said that it's better to go by percent body fat or hip to waist measurements. As well as my waistline. This is if your losing weight for health reasons that is.
  • wilsonm2014
    wilsonm2014 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Legs look great. try 10lbs and see what happens. You look great anyways.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 215 too

My initial goal was 165 (selected because it was BMI of 25)

I was happy when I got there so aimed for maintenance and dropped another 5lbs finding it. My weight range is now +/- 5lbs around 160lb and I look awesome at that weight ...even if I say so myself ;)

Please ignore that awful, subsequently corrected, BMI chart

I'd aim for around top BMI, and then assess..I appreciate it's a population measure but it suffices for most
  • Treasureslide
    Treasureslide Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5 8' and my goal is 150-155 anything smaller I lose my curves... you look fab, don't loose your juicy bits! And ladies get old looking the thinner they go. great work. you're glowing.