Purchasing a Wii

Options
My daughter and I are considering purchasing a Wii in the near future. What are some good games to get us started? Thanks!

Replies

• littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The Wii dancing games are fun! you get to listen to good music & get in an exercise with the dancing!
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    How old is your daughter? Mine (aged 6) and my son (aged 4) and ME (aged 33) LOVE Just Dance 2. We bought our Wii this weekend and I also got Zumba - which is totally awesome as well.

If yours comes with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resorts those are also pretty good fun too :laugh:
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wii fit is good but an even better one is EA Active as well and there are three of those games I like em all!
  • abielz
    abielz Posts: 10
    Options
    Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus... Great for fun and exercise.. :wink:
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    we have the wii and wii fit its great. we love the games.
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have 5 kids ages 10 to 21 years old. My 19 year old daughter and I joined MFP together on 5/13/11. just trying to find something to do for a change, especially if the weathers doesn't cooperate for outdoor exercising. Thanks!
  • Myssrenee
    Myssrenee Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree with all of the above suggestions. I use the Wii for the majority of my exercise since its so hot outside. But doing the Wii with the kids makes it sooo much more fun. I was playing Tennis on Wii sport and before I know it I was doing it for almost an hr. Another thing is I use it for stress...Like with Wii Sports which should come with the console when you buy it has boxing...And so when I use the boxing im getting a good work out but Im also able to let out stress, and anger, and every other emotion that can weigh you down. I bought I recommend the Wii or the Kinect (wish I had that lol)
  • achoate1183
    Options
    You know what, the games the Wii Fit comes with work your muscles more than I thought they would! There is a skateboarding game that I played and it didn't FEEL like I was working muscles, but I noticed I got really hot and the next two days my thighs hurt. I think as long as you get games you enjoy, you'll play them more, and thus get more results. Good luck!
  • courtneycuth
    Options
    It depends - are you asking about Wii workout games or just good games in general?

I'd recommend the following:
    workout games - EA Sports Active (1 or 2), Wii Fit, Dance Dance Revolution

general - any of the Lego series (for example Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman), Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Galaxy (1 and 2), Raving Rabbid series
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Mainly looking for sports/fitness time games to add to our workout when the weather is to nasty to go outside. Keep the ideas/suggestions coming. They all sound like FUN and great exercise.