Hello I have 28 pounds to lose

Options
Hello , I have 28 pounds to lose, which is somehow worse because it seems so little compared to those who have been really trying to lose a lot of weight ; yet a lot when you cannot get started. I have been thinking for years " it's not much. Once I get started I will be fine yet I never get started . The same conversation I have been having for years and so it goes on.
The worse part is I have a stunning wardrobe all 2 sizes too small and many of it more than 10 years old. That shows how long this silly conversation with myself had been going on .
Many people wouldn't recognise me if they saw how tiny I used to be at my real weight / not even my children ! I am getting various health problems now from being overweight so NOW is the time to do something about it . Please join me - I would love a diet friend x

Replies

• Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can do it the first few weeks are tuff but stick with it. I lost 9 lbs my first month with a fee simple changes
  • knowlestandy
    knowlestandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Tandy. Nice to meet you. I'm 34, and a wife. I'm so glad that you wrote this message. I too, have struggles with starting, and my biggest problem is once I get started, I don't keep going. I'm on such a roller coaster with my weight, that it affects EVERY part of my life. I'm considered morbidly obese, and yet, I still see myself as the size 12 I was 11 years ago. I do have probably the same conversation with myself that you do. I know the pain. But, now that I have realized that I have to get healthier, I'm willing to help others by helping myself and my struggles, as well as my accomplishments within my weight loss. I hope that you and I could talk sometime, via emails, or IM(Yahoo) so that we can share notes and help each other. I agree with you about people not recognizing you at the weight you are now, compared to before. Like I said, I was a size 12. Now, I can't even fit into a mens 54 jeans. It was the biggest pair of pants I could find that I somewhat liked. Now, I have changed so much. I use to get fancied up and go out and sing karaoke; but now, because of my weight and other health problems, I can't even stand looking at myself in the mirror. When people that use to be my friends, see me in public, they often turn the corner thinking that I haven't seen them. It breaks my heart. It happens at least 3 or 4 times a month. My own mother won't let me eat at her house, and when I do, all she does is lecture me about my portions(which I'm on a 1800 calorie diet) that aren't that big. I know the heartache that comes with being overweight. If you're willing to talk, and exchange your struggles with weight loss, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I am none judgemental, and I don't hold back. I'm honest to a fault, and won't feed you a like of bs at all. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a good day hun.
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm half way through my goal and down 55 lbs. it's a long journey but you can do it.
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I totally get where you are coming from. I avoid looking at myself in the mirror because of how I look and feel. I was a Size 3, now a Size 12-14 in the course of 3 years. I feel like I'm in mourning.

At 170 lbs, my goal is to lose 40lbs. I know what it takes, but just need to be consistent.