SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- AUGUST 2015 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers!! This is a great challenge.

alfonsinarosi, you now have the swing of it. Keep it going.

A couple things that help me with this challenge are:
    1- Stay OUT of the kitchen after cut-off time!! (9:30 p.m. for me, except week-ends/special occasions, then it's 11:30 pm)
    2- Floss and brush teeth after cut-off time (and stay OUT of the kitchen! ha ha).

Good luck all. Week-ends are often the hardest, but you can do it. Just remember the challenge.

Me: 6
    LNS: 0
    Zaza
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    zaza54 wrote: »
    Welcome to all the newcomers!! This is a great challenge.

alfonsinarosi, you now have the swing of it. Keep it going.

A couple things that help me with this challenge are:
    1- Stay OUT of the kitchen after cut-off time!! (9:30 p.m. for me, except week-ends/special occasions, then it's 11:30 pm)
    2- Floss and brush teeth after cut-off time (and stay OUT of the kitchen! ha ha).

Good luck all. Week-ends are often the hardest, but you can do it. Just remember the challenge.

Me: 6
    Zaza

Thanks. I think this can become a good habit. I'm encouraged!!
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Aug 6

Me: 4*
    LNS: 2
    Thought I was going to eat, so came on line and read some of your post, so drank some water and went to bed! Thanks everyone, and I feel sooooo good this morning! Have a good one!
  • sloth45
    sloth45 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me: 5*
    Streak: 2 :)
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just started last night. Nighttime snacking is my biggest downfall. Thank you for this challenge!!!!
    ME: 1 - hooray!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I'm in...will begin tonight.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    Just started last night. Nighttime snacking is my biggest downfall. Thank you for this challenge!!!!
    ME: 1 - hooray!

I hear you..mine too. We got this!!
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 5 LNS: 1
    Streak: 5
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Me = 2
    LNS = 1* We had visitors. :blush: I ate a clementine after they left.
    Maybe I need to reset lol and make it 'no snacking after 10pm when we have visitors'.
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ready to go for August! TY for the new challenge! My goal is to continue improving from last month! One note, I will be on a mission trip the last 2 weeks and won't be able to log in until I get back. So let the challenge begin and good luck to everyone o:)

July stats: ME: 28 LNS: 3 Streak: 14
    Goal 1 improve on last month's score and 2 stop the yo yo streaking, be consistent! o:)

ME: 3 LNS: 0 Streak: 17 o:)

ME: 7 LNS: 0 Streak: 21 o:)
    Keep up the great work everyone! Enjoy your weekend.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Fabulous Friday B)

Challenge Goal = 25/31
    ME = 5*
    LNS = 1

Streak Goal = 10
    Streak = 5

Do we have any streakers with a 6 day tally? I hope YOU are! o:)

Have a great day

I actually did this a lot earlier, but had the July thread marked and not the August thread. What can I say....old age!!
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me: 3.
    LNS: 1
  • moosiemom
    moosiemom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I need to start over. Last I posted was Aug3,and I forgot to keep track this week. Although I think I only ate a late snack once.
    So Aug7, start over.
    Me: 1*
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Say something helpful---not doing well with this at all. I need to reboot my commitment to not eating past 8pm. The only good news is I did switch up what I am snacking on--Whole Foods makes these fruit and veggie popsicles that are 70 calories (maybe 90??--but not terrible), so I have been having one of those instead of a bunch of cookies. So that is a small improvement, but it's not enough. Say helpful things...
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Super Saturday B)

Here are my stats. I will be back later to talk!!

Challenge Goal = 25/31
    ME = 6*
    LNS = 1

Streak Goal = 10
    Streak = 6
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 7

• sloth45
    Options
    Me: 6*
    Streak: 3
  • sloth45
    Options
    drabbits2 wrote: »
    Say something helpful---not doing well with this at all. I need to reboot my commitment to not eating past 8pm. The only good news is I did switch up what I am snacking on--Whole Foods makes these fruit and veggie popsicles that are 70 calories (maybe 90??--but not terrible), so I have been having one of those instead of a bunch of cookies. So that is a small improvement, but it's not enough. Say helpful things...

That is a big improvement! I'm no expert on avoiding snacking but my most successful nights are ones where I keep busy - and away from the kitchen - after dinner. For me it's habit rather than hunger so every day breaking that habit gets a bit easier. I also drink a lot of water in the evening, or a small glass of diet coke if I need something extra. You can do it, just aim for one night to start with. Go to bed early if you have to. Good luck :)
  • raindogmaa
    Options
    drabbits2 wrote: »

I totally understand your dilemma... I am only beginning to try and stop night snacking. Your choice was better than cookies! It is an improvement. I think you need to feel good about that. Sometimes it comes down to making a better choice instead of denial. These treats sound delicious. I would say try your darnedest to not snack but if you must... make the smart choice like this low calorie treat or maybe a couple of frozen grapes.
  • raindogmaa
    Options
    Day 2 for me!
    ME: 2
    LSN: 0

I really really wanted to snack last night... so I went into the bathroom and stepped on the scale. THAT deterred me from any late night snacking shenanigans!