Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Squat and Deadlift Style

Options
2»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    125 pounds? that's all you're pulling as an 18 year old male? even if it's kg- that's only 275 pounds converted.
    You might need to get on a program- and or eat a little more.

Anyone will see gains if they do NOTHING then go to something- might be time to try a real program- but something seems off if you're only pulling that little- that's just not that much.

I pull just under 3 plates (130kg) for 1 rep.
    I've been training for a year, with only 6-7 months deadlifting and squatting.

I've gained over 22lbs of muscle since i started.

I have long legs and bad mechanics for squats and deads.

do 5x5's instead of 3x5's until you see some progress, and then go back to whatever.

Its 5 sets of 3, with a 90% working weight for AMRAP leaving a few in the tank.

I train 6 days a week, so plenty of volume.

lol how is that working for you
    Is a 700lbs total bad for a 160lbs kid? I though it was okay considering I haven't been training for PLing for long?

My starting weights were:

Bench: 50kg
    Squat: 45kg (no joke)
    Dead: 60kg (also no joke, SRS)

So ive come a long way

I don't get why you're saying 'no joke' by some lifts... everyone starts somewhere - it seems you're focused on what other people think of your lifts??
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    125 pounds? that's all you're pulling as an 18 year old male? even if it's kg- that's only 275 pounds converted.

Anyone will see gains if they do NOTHING then go to something- might be time to try a real program- but something seems off if you're only pulling that little- that's just not that much.

do 5x5's instead of 3x5's until you see some progress, and then go back to whatever.

Is a 700lbs total bad for a 160lbs kid? I though it was okay considering I haven't been training for PLing for long?

So ive come a long way

I don't get why you're saying 'no joke' by some lifts... everyone starts somewhere - it seems you're focused on what other people think of your lifts??

It was working great, I was putting weight on every workout. Not so much any more. I've taken this week off (sorta) and switched to a more pump focused do what you want kind of training.

No joke because....
    Someone above was saying that my Deadlift was weak, just demonstrating that I've come quite a way in 6 odd months.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

So ive come a long way

It was working great, I was putting weight on every workout. Not so much any more. I've taken this week off (sorta) and switched to a more pump focused do what you want kind of training.

No joke because....
    Someone above was saying that my Deadlift was weak, just demonstrating that I've come quite a way in 6 odd months.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - switch to 5x5's until you see progress or get on a 5x5 program... that's all I'm going to say.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    more pump focused do what you want kind of training.
    That's your problem.
    Do Candito's Program as written for a few cycles, don't skip the deloads.
    http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My advice: get on a real program and follow it. You don't know what you're doing to try to do your own thing. That was my mistake 20 years ago. I wish I could go back in time and kick my own *kitten* for that.

eta: Why is this in "Food & Nutrition?"
  • ThomasWright1997
    Options
    OK. Whatever. I'll jump on a program.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

So ive come a long way

No joke because....

I'm a 165 pound female pulling more than you- yeah it's not bad- but you're an 18 year old dude- you could be pulling almost 500 if you just got on a program.

So get on a fricking program and stop complaining that you stopped you're newb gains- it happens to everyone.
  • ThomasWright1997
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    more pump focused do what you want kind of training.
    That's your problem.
    Do Candito's Program as written for a few cycles, don't skip the deloads.
    http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

Ok, I was thinking of giving that a go.