Sooo hungry today..ugh

Options
I think today I'm probably gonna go over..from the time I woke up I've been craving every food around me..just ate half a donut to stave off the insanity...the struggle is so real today

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    how many calories per day are you eating?

are you restricting whole food groups because you think they are bad??
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i saw you only ate 1,324 cals yesterday, no wonder you are hungy!!
    losing weight isnt about starving yourself, its about changing your foods
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you can eat half a donut, you're in enough control to do anything.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Are you restricting yourself? Are you stressed?
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Not stressed at all..at work, things are chill, but I work around a lot of food and today the temptations are pulling me harder than normal
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Options
    80TAURUS80 wrote: »
    i saw you only ate 1,324 cals yesterday, no wonder you are hungy!!
    losing weight isnt about starving yourself, its about changing your foods
    I even looked wrong, 1324 is what you had left, you only ate 1066 cals yesterday and you are wondering why you are hungry??
    You are starving your body and i can tell you, you are on the road to failure if you keep it up like that, not saying that to be mean, tough luv ;)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think if you commit to making sure to eat at least 1500-1800 total every day, you'll have fewer urges and overwhelming feelings of hunger. Sure, now and then. But if you can limit yourself to half a donut, then you definitely can handle occasional urges if you're already reasonably fed :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - why are you averaging 1200 calories a day, when MFP is giving uyou 2300 to eat? That 2300 number has your deficit built into it, so you can eat 2300 calories and lose weight. Also, why is a 27 year old male averaging 1200 calories a day?

dieting does not equal torture…

eat the foods you like, eat to the number MFP gave you, and make sure you are hitting micros and macros...
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a 166lb woman, and still losing weight eating somewhere between 1400 and 2700 calories a day (dependent on how active I've been). Being male and heavier than me, you could definitely afford to eat more than you're tracking and still lose plenty of weight.

Fibre protein and water are key to staying sated for me but so is eating a decent number of calories in the first place.

Weight loss takes a while. There are no prizes for getting there first and no-one wants to see you hurt yourself in the process.

Good luck.
  • AspenDan
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My calories are fine, guys ..it's all under medical supervision..but today I fully intend to eat 1800+...was just venting =)
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Options
    If they tell you that 1066cals is ok for the whole day you should tell em they suck! Hope you are doing fine
  • ndj1979
    Options
    My calories are fine, guys ..it's all under medical supervision..but today I fully intend to eat 1800+...was just venting =)

if you are "starving" and "craving" foods then it is not OK and you are not eating enough.

I would suggest a second medical opinion.

One day you have 300 calories logged, I doubt any medical doctor would approve of that.

• AspenDan
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

if you are "starving" and "craving" foods then it is not OK and you are not eating enough.

Poor journalism to quote "starving" as if I said it when I certainly did not. That's a joke..but anyway, I can't be the only person on a diet to get extra hungry some times. In addition, as both doctors(the current dietician is my second opinion) have suggested, if I get extra hungry, I will eat a bit extra =)

...was just venting, and maybe showing other ppls going through hunger that they're not alone?? That's the point of this thread.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Poor journalism to quote "starving" as if I said it when I certainly did not. That's a joke..but anyway, I can't be the only person on a diet to get extra hungry some times. In addition, as both doctors(the current dietician is my second opinion) have suggested, if I get extra hungry, I will eat a bit extra =)

...was just venting, and maybe showing other ppls going through hunger that they're not alone?? That's the point of this thread.

Understood..you have all the answers...so what is the point of this thread then???

I just came off a cut where I lost 11 pounds and was not complaining about cravings or being starving ..
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The problem with under eating is that it leads to binging...and when people binge, they typically don't do it on foods that nourish their bodies, but on junk food, like your donut.

I'm not going to second-guess your doctor, but I am going to second guess your choice of food. When you eat very little, it's even more important to make good food choices instead of bad ones. Not even discussing what might be bad in the donut, focus on what it isn't giving you - vitamins and minerals that you need.

Surely the doctors who recommended a low-cal diet suggested that you eat healthy foods and avoid things like donuts. I know they didn't say, "We want you to eat a low-calorie diet, but while you do, make sure that a good chunk of it isn't nourishing you."

You want to be healthy. Eat good food that helps you with that. You should consider calling that doctor up and saying, "When I stick to this diet, I'm starving and end up eating doughnuts. Can you refer me to a dietitian?" The dietitian will help you come up with a plan on how to stick to whatever this diet is and make good food choices.

If you don't want to call, at least mention it next time you're in.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

Drink more water.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Since everyone has already covered the calorie aspect, I noticed in your diary that you are on the lower end for carbs. I have noticed that when I have several days when I am low on carbs (low for me) that I end having a day where I feel really hungry. It might be worth exploring your macro balance to see if adjustments are needed, and if that helps with hunger. You seem to be higher on the protein than fat, so if you are going to continue eating on the low end for carbs, swapping fat and protein to incorporate more fat into your diet could be helpful.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    @Kalikel thanks for the sound advice and staying civil..other people get hostile for no reason at all. Anyway, couple things. My doc didn't recommend this, I just kinda winged it. He saw what I was doing after I'd been going for a while, and since I was losing weight and feeling great, he's fine me continuing.
    But I do eat pretty healthy, whole foods, veggies every day, non processed food. Just today I'm more hungry than normal, and wanted to share it =)
  • AspenDan
    Options

Drink more water.

That's some good advice!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    @Kalikel thanks for the sound advice and staying civil..other people get hostile for no reason at all. Anyway, couple things. My doc didn't recommend this, I just kinda winged it. He saw what I was doing after I'd been going for a while, and since I was losing weight and feeling great, he's fine me continuing.
    But I do eat pretty healthy, whole foods, veggies every day, non processed food. Just today I'm more hungry than normal, and wanted to share it =)

I ate a low-cal diet for quite a while. I was really, truly, VERY super-careful with my food choices and still ended up taking supplements just because of the diet. It's totally possible to eat low-cal and remain healthy, but the way to do that is to run the blood and see what it says. If you don't do that, you don't know what is off.

I'm not down on donuts (for other people), but when you eat low-cal you have to make good food choices and that means donuts, cake - all the junk - is out. Fruits, veggies, whole grain breads, low or no-fat dairy and lean, white meats are in.

It's great to lose weight but only if it helps us get healthier, KWIM?

Take care of yourself!

I hope it was good. It has been such a long time since I had a donut. Your post has made me daydream about eating one, which was fun. I hope it was the best half-donut you ever had and that you enjoyed it enough for both of us. :)