Sinking in a pit . I need to be rescued and pulled out

I have used this site on and off for years , it truly is the best. However I quit because I have been so depressed with my sever knee pain . It hinders my excersise. The weight has made it worse. I fee like I'm drowning in a pit. I need help and to be pulled out. I am a Christian and have been drawing strength from God. I fee like Jeremiah . In the bible Jeremiah 38:6 says , so the tool Jeremiah and put him in a pit . The pit had no food or water only mud and he sank down in the mud. It goes on to say how the rescued him. I need rescued I need pulled out of the pit. I want to be like the deer on the high places. Strong and can reach the high places .

Replies

• Lori272
    Lori272 Posts: 4 Member
    I've been on this site off and on, too, I also have knee pain (probably not to your extant), and multiple heel spurs in both feet that hinder me. Walking doesn't work for me because it aggravates my plantar fasciitis, and my knee. Have you seen a doctor about your knee? If not, you may want to start there. Be gentle with yourself, after all, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ;) What's helping me is stretching, watching my carb intake, and using an indoor recumbent bike, (when I can shake my chronic depression long enough to get motivated to use it). That's the lowest impact exercise I have found to be easier on the knee and still be able to get a workout. Focus on your goals, try to stay positive, and keep the faith!

Psalm 40:1-3
    1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
  • Atomicang
    Atomicang Posts: 15 Member
    I have used it on and off as well, but don't give up! There are plenty of exercises that you can do that won't put a lot of pressure on your knees. Have you tried water aerobics?
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Rescue yourself. Don't give up because starting over is hard...you're strong enough.
  • kimbo492015
    kimbo492015 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello yes I love it. It we have moved and imbot near a pool we are out the country I try to walkout field
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Don't let your knee issues discourage you. It's definitely frustrating for exercise, but you can lose weight without exercise, and that could help alleviate some of the issues with your knee, making more exercise possible. I would focus on eating, and just do whatever exercise you can. Walking and water aerobics/swimming sound like they could be an option, and yoga might be helpful as well (obviously you would want to watch out for any positions that are contraindicated for bad knees).

You mentioned that you're religious - there are a few very active groups here on the site that might be great places for you to find more support:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/378-christian-support-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3288-we-are-made-to-crave-lets-get-fit-4-christ
  • lynngut2
    lynngut2 Posts: 6 Member
    Keep praying and start listening for God's voice. I will also pray for you. Each day make your goal to move more than you did yesterday. Cleaning out a dresser drawer or closet can be exercise and can give you a sense of accomplishment. God wants us to walk with him, he doesn't judge the size of our steps. Always log your food, even on bad days. One thing that has helped my every level and my depression is to limit my sugar intake as much as possible. Good luck, I know you can move forward. Let us know your progress. God bless you.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    I have dropped multiple times into depression and alcoholism and had no1 who pulled me out so believe me, if i can alone, you sure can too.