Starting over again...

Options
jenlo1971
jenlo1971 Posts: 49 Member
I've yo-yo dieted for years. This January I started on the journey again and really loved mfp. I was working out regularly, doing well with my eating and had lost 15 lbs. then I aggravated a likely already herniated disc back in the beginning of March shoveling snow. Since that time it has been all downhill. I am frightened to even get on the scale. What I do know is that almost all my cute summer clothes I bought back in April are way too tight for public viewing.

I managed reasonably well-maybe only picking up 5 pounds or so- until the last 5 weeks or so. I feel like I have put on 15 lbs in that time and it is soon depressing. I had surgery on 7/7 to fix the disc and then again on 7/24 to fix the infection I got from the first surgery. I am still off work- will be going back on the 17th. I just managed to rededicate myself to mfp in the last 3 days. I feel pretty good about how I am doing- I can't exercise other than to walk moderately which I've been doing. It just amazes me that I spent months taking off those pounds and only a few weeks picking it all and more back up. I've not weighed myself because I want to be eating healthy for a week at least before I face the scale. Sad. I am also truly concerned that come the 17th I won't have any clothes that fit me to wear to work.

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I can't count the number of times I've started over!!!!
    My sister has chronic back pain, it's the worst. Wishing you the best on your journey.
  • secondeve
    secondeve Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can do this! i too had an injury and managed to keep most of my weight off back then but slowly over the last two years my weight slowly crept back up and i, also had to start over again. i have been on a sort of cleansing diet and have lost maybe 15 lbs. in the past month. i will keep going til i lose about 15-20 more lbs. i hate weighing myself, it really plays games with my head so i do it when i feel strong and ready mentally to handle the results. i find that trying on those clothes in my closet is more of an indicator as to how i'm doing. and yeah, i faced almost a whole closet full of clothes i used to love to wear and now i am slowly starting to fit into them again. i just don't want to live fat again. i like being trim and having that confidence, and i am starting to get that back as well. i haven't been perfect on my diet but i am trying to regain my good habits back, it is a daily struggle! hang in there, be patient, and just think of it as re-training yourself again, and you will be happier with yourself when you start feeling the progress. good luck Jenlo ::)
  • sheilaanne48
    sheilaanne48 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So hard, isn't it when you start off well and life *kitten* in! Still, at least you are on the mend and if you can do it once, you can do it again. Yesterday's gone so just concentrate on today, if you can. Every day one day at a time is enough. I am starting over AGAIN. I had a heart attack just a couple of days after starting my 'last ditch attempt', back end of June, so never really got started. Today, is my new start and I can still do this by Christmas and wear my lace dress. I can't use the personal trainer now for a while and exercise is limited but tai chi, yogafit, pilates, walking the dog and maybe a bit of aqua fit will help and from today I am going to try to do something everyday, fingers crossed.