The day after the binge..

Options
So yesterday I blew my calories. Like, not even just blew my weight *loss*, I went over maintenance and into gain! I do every Wednesday, actually.

Just wondering if anyone else blows it big time on a regular basis, and how they compensate? I'm torn between trying to be 400-500 under my goal for the next couple of days to make up for it, or just to move on and accept that my weight loss will be slower than I'd like because of my Wednesday binge sessions.

Replies

• alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a takeaway once a week after weighing in. Just made my goal tonight tho (like you I 'pig out' on a Wednesday). Not all day just the evening. Hasn't done me too much damage!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling under the weather the last couple of days, that seems to have brought on a lack of appetite for anything good for me and a desire to squirt whipped cream down my throat.

I went for a walk tonight.

I'm just going to try and be super good tomorrow to combat it...

Good luck
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'd say tomorrow is a new day and forget your Wednesdays, if you cut down by a large amount to try and compensate you could end up binging more than ever on a Wednesday. A few years ago I did really well on an eat what you want one day a week diet (I went to uni one day a week with work and there were only guys on the course apart from me, so it was either eat where/what they ate or eat lunch alone, so I'd have breakfast in the canteen, chocolate at break and lunch in mcdonalds! But because I was good the rest of the week the weight fell off and I didn't look for junk on the days I wasn't in college.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    Everyday Starts A New Day!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1200 on the day after a binge. The day after that I go right back to my normal calorie goal and just keep moving forward.
  • dawnbrisset
    dawnbrisset Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think it's healthier to just move on, accepting that it will take longer to get to your goal.
  • aaaaaamyyyyyyy
    Options
    Thanks all, this was perfect advice :) knowing that I get chips and other treats on Wednesdays should help me keep on track during the rest of the week, which should help minimise the damage of the binge! And if it takes me a little longer, that's okay - it's worth it to keep the things in my life that I love.